Patient Comments: Hip Bursitis - Symptoms

What symptoms did you experience with hip bursitis?

Comment from: LadyGem, 35-44 Female (Patient) Published: January 25

I developed hip pains after a rear end car accident. The pain hit on and off until the couple of years ago I started developed consistent hip pains and just thought it was due to back pains. Until it became just the hip area and one shot of cortisone made the pain go away. Now I get shots done every 3 months until I stared doing therapeutic massage and ionic foot bath and it keep my pain away for almost a month without the use of pain medication.

Comment from: Doris Hol, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: January 21

Hi I am a 49 years old female. I have been exercising for the last 30 years; I am also a retired military soldier. About 2 1/2 years ago I started having the worst pain in my left hip. I have had about 5 cortisone shots, physical therapy, also scope of the hip. It is the worst pain I have ever felt in my life. None of the remedies has helped me at all, so I am getting ready to have surgery. I hope this will work.

Comment from: 75 or over Female (Patient) Published: January 21

I have had pain in the trochanteric area for almost a year. I had steroid injections on two different occasions (July and October 2010) by 2 different doctors. Both times it helped for about a month or so but the pain always came back and more severely. If I sit for a period of time (1/2 hour or more) then get up to walk, the pain is so severe I can hardly walk. After limping around for a few minutes, the pain recedes but it is always there in the background whenever I walk.

Comment from: packerbeck, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: January 21

After stepping up my walking to 3 miles a day my left hip started hurting. Lifting my right leg to get in my car was painful and moving from left to right side in bed was also painful. Sometimes the pain shoots down my thigh. Lifting my legs for exercise is impossible. I was told to up my dose of Ibuprofen and if doesn't help get a shot. Also I was told it will never go away. I'm only 54! This is not right.

Comment from: 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: February 10

Significant pain when walking or climbing hills, stairs. Pain at night.

Hip Bursitis - Describe Your Experience Question: Please describe your experience with hip bursitis.
Hip Bursitis - Treatment Question: What was your hip bursitis treatment?
Hip Bursitis - Prognosis Question: What is the prognosis for your hip bursitis?