Patient Comments: Hip Bursitis - Describe Your Experience

Please describe your experience with hip bursitis.

Comment from: DarcNLvly, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: June 30

My bursitis pain in both hips is sharp, hot and stabbing. It travels down bottom of buttocks, and both legs. I have tingling in toes and balls of feet. The tingling travels up to knee.

Comment from: HJ, 75 or over Female (Patient) Published: March 12

I fell on August 9th 2014, landed on my left side, cut my scalp and ended up in the hospital for three days. The decision for the reason for the fall was blood pressure and black out. I fell on my left side and had pain in the area of a bursa and have been in pain ever since and forced to using a walker. I am under the care of a physical therapist.

Comment from: Mdgaribay, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: December 23

I have bursitis in my left hip currently and have also had it in the right hip. I have had injections in both hips but this time they haven't worked. I'm very frustrated with this pain I also have rheumatoid arthritis which probably why I have the bursitis. It's incredible pain! I feel like there is no relief and I worry about working like this. I'm a teacher and it's very difficult to be around children when you're in pain. Thanks for listening!

Comment from: Yoli, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: November 25

I suffered for several years with bursitis over my right hip, and had to have it surgically removed in 2011. Three years later, 2014, and I have to have the left one removed as well, yesterday.

Comment from: rebecca, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: October 10

I never knew what or why I was feeling so much pain in just one hip. I had asked my doctor and he basically blew it off. I am diabetic and was afraid. I went to a new doctor that explained to me I had bursitis and that neuropathy was concentrated in the feet. Boy, did I feel stupid. The only way for me to explain my pain was the feeling that I had laid on a rock in the hip area and the pain traveled down my leg to the knee and a burning sensation in my calf. I was told that it was most likely because of how I walked because of the pain in my hip. It pays to have a good doctor.

Comment from: swimmer, 65-74 Female (Patient) Published: July 18

I have had trochanteric bursitis for 6 months. I went to physical therapy which made it worse. I had hydrocortisone injections 4 weeks ago and am icing the area 30 minutes 3 times a day. I am experiencing some relief.

Comment from: heatherfeather, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: July 18

I am very active with ballroom dancing and working out at the gym with weights and on all machines. I have been to the doctor's for hip pain and hamstring. I was told by one doctor that I am not allowing my body time to heal. But walking also causes issues and I must walk! I still work out and dance but have scaled back on the amount of weight and the incline. I am not overweight. I don't like to take medication. I think I need to back off working out more. This is hard for me to do! I bought an extra thick cushion for my bed top to help with night pain.

Comment from: Ekimnilknarf, 55-64 (Patient) Published: June 16

I got off my exercise bike 28 months ago. I felt pain in my left hip. I've been through 3 orthopedists, 4 injections; been forced to sit my life away. The last orthopedist wants bursectomy, slice open ugh, I can't face that with other health issues. I saw pain doctor the other day, she wants nerve block injections. Now today out of the blue I am finding it hard to sit without pain... what to do!

Comment from: Littlebooboo, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: April 11

I have been suffering with trochanteric hip bursitis for ten years. I have had numerous Cortizone injections which help but cause leg weakening, making it difficult to walk. I am petite and weigh less than 110 lbs, so weight is not part of the problem. I use ice, heat, stretching and pain medications.

Hip Bursitis - Symptoms Question: What symptoms did you experience with hip bursitis?
Hip Bursitis - Treatment Question: What was your hip bursitis treatment?
Hip Bursitis - Prognosis Question: What is the prognosis for your hip bursitis?