Patient Comments: Hip Bursitis - Describe Your Experience

Please describe your experience with hip bursitis.

Comment from: Nar, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: March 06

I had very serious hip bursitis and I took turmeric (root of the plant) and made tea and drank it for 4 days. Since then I have not had any problems with my hip.

Comment from: Theresa, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: December 01

My mom has had a terrible time of her bursitis. It is from her knee to her hip. This has been going on for almost a month now. I would love to know what can give her some relief. She is so miserable.

Comment from: elsa, 55-64 Female (Caregiver) Published: October 14

Hi have scoliosis and since my spine is curved my left hip is in constant pain and I was told I have bursitis.

Comment from: christine hargrave, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: June 04

I fell on ice in January and my left leg went behind my back since then it's painful for me when I turn over.

Comment from: heavenstobetsy, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: April 16

I could not stand up for more than 30 seconds without being in pain. I also had a leg rash that was not bothering me. It turns out it was an allergic reaction to the medicines I was given for a urinary tract infection (UTI). A single dose of Benadryl was given. The hip pain and the red rash went away!

Comment from: John, 55-64 Male (Patient) Published: April 11

I have pain in the groin and there is fluid around the hip joint.

Comment from: pepper, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: February 11

I have pain at night when I try to turn in the bed. The hip bursitis is so painful that it makes me scream.

Comment from: Annie, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: January 23

My bursa on my right hip have been inflamed for years now, the doctor gave me injections twice in 6 months, I am still in pain, he is now going to remove the bursa.

Comment from: Skip, 35-44 Female (Patient) Published: December 05

I have had hip pain for more than 10 years now. The doctor said it is bursitis but it won't go away, instead it is worse. I am moderately active and have had no injuries.

Comment from: Audrey, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: November 26

I am a 63 year old female and I have had hip bursitis for several months. I had 2 cortisone injections with minimal relief. Now I am going to try the foam roller to stretch out the IT (iliotibial) band to see if that works. I am a side sleeper, but the hip pain will not allow me to sleep on either side.

Comment from: squeak, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: October 24

I have had this lump on my hip for many years; I can't lie on it because it hurts too much. It hurts all the way down my leg if I lay on it because of my hip bursitis.

Hip Bursitis - Symptoms Question: What symptoms did you experience with hip bursitis?
Hip Bursitis - Treatment Question: What was your hip bursitis treatment?
Hip Bursitis - Prognosis Question: What is the prognosis for your hip bursitis?