Patient Comments: Hip Bursitis - Treatment

What was your hip bursitis treatment?

Comment from: Dingo, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: May 16

I slammed my foot in the dark, and it hurt intensely for a few minutes. Almost no pain for the first two days, then it began to bother me. I taped for a few weeks, then went to a general physician. Never let them take non-weight bearing x-rays if you are able to stand. I got them and they came back negative. Podiatrist took weight bearing version a few weeks later, which revealed the break. It is almost two weeks wearing a splint and it hurts more now than ever.

Comment from: Whatnot, 65-74 Female (Patient) Published: February 22

I was swimming in St. Kitts and brushed up on some fire coral which instantly stung. I have been home a week now and it just started itching and has raised up and somewhat inflamed after a week. I put hydrocortisone on it this morning. To me it feels a bit like poison ivy today and I noticed it has spread a little.

Comment from: REDCAR, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: February 05

I was just retired from full time job, had been in orientation for a part time job and just relocated to a new state (some stress), with husband. I began having 5 second flashes of pain in the right side of my face when washing face, shower spray, or lying on side. I noticed my CPAP strap came over that area. I went without CPAP but it did not go away. I went to see the neurologist, had negative MRI so I was started on medicines which eventually helped but I have had flares of tic douloureux for unknown reason every few weeks. Breeze and hair dryer at hair salon are the worst triggers. This has all occurred in the last 6 months. I am still on medications but cannot be weaned down yet.

Comment from: Brian, 75 or over Female (Patient) Published: February 03

My doctor put me on a course of trimethoprim for epididymitis. I started taking tablets today. He said that I had an infection of the right testicle and related swelling in the groin. Apparently men at my age are vulnerable to the condition. I find reclining helps. However, I think my symptoms are mild. I am more troubled by a slight aching head caused by related fever.

Comment from: Terry, 65-74 Female (Patient) Published: November 11

I have had hip bursitis for several years. It is very painful if I have to walk uphill or climb stairs. I started going to get acupuncture treatments and have found great relief! Ibuprofen helps. Choose the acupuncturist with care. I went to a doctor and she was terrible! She was also the most expensive.

Comment from: TL, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: May 18

I wonder if it is okay for a person over 85 to be given antibiotics for colitis.

Comment from: shell, 35-44 Female (Patient) Published: May 12

I have suffered with osteoarthritis for 15 years now and have finally had another diagnosis of hip bursitis. I am not sleeping and am in so much pain and have had this injection for frozen shoulder which worked amazingly well. I have also had an injection in the base of my spine and was in the worst pain ever, so I am quite dubious about the whole thing.

Hip Bursitis - Describe Your Experience Question: Please describe your experience with hip bursitis.
Hip Bursitis - Symptoms Question: What symptoms did you experience with hip bursitis?
Hip Bursitis - Prognosis Question: What is the prognosis for your hip bursitis?