Patient Comments: Hip Bursitis - Treatment

What was your hip bursitis treatment?

Comment from: Whatnot, 65-74 Female (Patient) Published: February 22

I was swimming in St. Kitts and brushed up on some fire coral which instantly stung. I have been home a week now and it just started itching and has raised up and somewhat inflamed after a week. I put hydrocortisone on it this morning. To me it feels a bit like poison ivy today and I noticed it has spread a little.

Comment from: REDCAR, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: February 05

I was just retired from full time job, had been in orientation for a part time job and just relocated to a new state (some stress), with husband. I began having 5 second flashes of pain in the right side of my face when washing face, shower spray, or lying on side. I noticed my CPAP strap came over that area. I went without CPAP but it did not go away. I went to see the neurologist, had negative MRI so I was started on medicines which eventually helped but I have had flares of tic douloureux for unknown reason every few weeks. Breeze and hair dryer at hair salon are the worst triggers. This has all occurred in the last 6 months. I am still on medications but cannot be weaned down yet.

Comment from: Brian, 75 or over Female (Patient) Published: February 03

My doctor put me on a course of trimethoprim for epididymitis. I started taking tablets today. He said that I had an infection of the right testicle and related swelling in the groin. Apparently men at my age are vulnerable to the condition. I find reclining helps. However, I think my symptoms are mild. I am more troubled by a slight aching head caused by related fever.

Comment from: Terry, 65-74 Female (Patient) Published: November 11

I have had hip bursitis for several years. It is very painful if I have to walk uphill or climb stairs. I started going to get acupuncture treatments and have found great relief! Ibuprofen helps. Choose the acupuncturist with care. I went to a doctor and she was terrible! She was also the most expensive.

Comment from: Years of this, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: May 04

I first contracted costochondritis after a nasty bout of pneumonia and coughing heavily. This was in 1991. I have had flare ups ever since. The pain is so taxing I find it hard to concentrate. The only relief I ever found was to drink beer, which made me burp, which relieved the pressure for a short time. Now, I find that my costochondritis is actually worse, Tietze's syndrome. My rib actually swells noticeably. I do find that fatigue brings it on more so than upper body movement. I'm going to try the lidocaine patches now.

Comment from: A Simple Man, 65-74 Male (Patient) Published: June 30

Just recently I began experiencing moderate to sharp pain in right hip. I was walking 10,000 steps a day at a moderate pace for exercise. I've stopped the exercise and the bursitis pain has lessened but not disappeared. I can't take aspirin because it interferes with another drug. I don't like needles being stuck in me.

Comment from: Nikki, 25-34 Female (Patient) Published: June 04

I have had pain in both my hips for some time now, the right hip is worse than the left side. I have trouble walking long distances. I have done physical therapy twice; while in therapy I have had acute puncture in both hips, I have also had cortisone shots in both hips, pain medications (which I need to watch how many I take due to migraines). Everything worked for such a short time then my hips will start hurting again. When I was a certified nursing assistant (CAN) it was at its all-time worst, now that I have a desk job it can get bad while sitting for such a long time. I would love to find something that would help me to get rid of some of the pain I have.

Hip Bursitis - Describe Your Experience Question: Please describe your experience with hip bursitis.
Hip Bursitis - Symptoms Question: What symptoms did you experience with hip bursitis?
Hip Bursitis - Prognosis Question: What is the prognosis for your hip bursitis?