Patient Comments: Hip Bursitis - Treatment

What was your hip bursitis treatment?

Comment from: 65-74 Female (Patient) Published: June 13

I have had a tilt in my head for a few years, but it wasn't painful until about 2 years ago. I was in so much pain, I thought it was a brain tumor and the only way to make it through the workday was to close the office door and lay flat on the floor. Between my original general physician (GP) and the pain management place he sent me, I had an epidural, trigger point injections and a series of pain medications that made me sleepy, unable to focus and I just didn't feel like myself. Four months in I got a torticollis prescription, started having Botox injections and eventually found a physical therapist who had experience with torticollis and a GP who listened. After a year of struggling through the medications and the search for help, I've retired from 25 years in a stressful job. The Botox, Cymbalta and meloxicam are handling the pain, and about a year of physical therapy has given me enough flexibility to turn my head far enough to see over both shoulders. I still have difficulty walking long distances because the tilt on my head hurts my back, but life is manageable again. I never experienced real pain before torticollis.

Comment from: Fredrique, 55-64 Male (Patient) Published: June 09

Severe brain fog and fatigue were my symptoms of Epstein-Barr virus infection. Joints can ache but the lack of energy to exercise is hard. No headaches or sore throat.

Comment from: dkwilloh23, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: June 01

I have migraines frequently and on May 3rd, 2012 I had what I thought was a migraine and a pain like an atom bomb. So I did what I normally did; I closed myself up in my darkened bedroom for three days with the symptoms of a migraine, vomiting, avoiding any light or smells. Then I got out bed on the third day to go urinate and had a seizure while on the toilet. My husband heard me moaning from pain, came and helped me get to the car and drove me straight to the emergency room. They didn't have a neurologist on staff so then they transported me an hour and half away to another hospital. They coiled a subarachnoid hemorrhage behind my right eye. My stay was for fifteen days and I'm very lucky to be here, so six doctors told me. Then on February 6th, 2014 I had a craniotomy. They clipped that one and my hospital stay was one day. I still have headaches to this day, some worse than others but I'm grateful that there was a great neurological team that saved me twice and that I had very little problems after the aneurysms. My thanks to the neurological team.

Comment from: Dingo, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: May 16

I slammed my foot in the dark, and it hurt intensely for a few minutes. Almost no pain for the first two days, then it began to bother me. I taped for a few weeks, then went to a general physician. Never let them take non-weight bearing x-rays if you are able to stand. I got them and they came back negative. Podiatrist took weight bearing version a few weeks later, which revealed the break. It is almost two weeks wearing a splint and it hurts more now than ever.

Comment from: Whatnot, 65-74 Female (Patient) Published: February 22

I was swimming in St. Kitts and brushed up on some fire coral which instantly stung. I have been home a week now and it just started itching and has raised up and somewhat inflamed after a week. I put hydrocortisone on it this morning. To me it feels a bit like poison ivy today and I noticed it has spread a little.

Comment from: Ilusionsofillness, 35-44 Female (Patient) Published: June 01

My Crohn's disease turned out to be late stage, chronic Lyme disease and a coinfection. I was treated with steroids for years, which fed the Lyme. Be careful, this can happen to you.

Hip Bursitis - Describe Your Experience Question: Please describe your experience with hip bursitis.
Hip Bursitis - Symptoms Question: What symptoms did you experience with hip bursitis?
Hip Bursitis - Prognosis Question: What is the prognosis for your hip bursitis?