Table of Contents
- Hip bursitis facts
- What is bursitis?
- What is hip bursitis?
- What causes hip bursitis?
- What are risk factors for hip bursitis?
- What are hip bursitis symptoms and signs?
- How do health-care professionals diagnose hip bursitis?
- What types of doctors treat hip bursitis?
- What are the treatments and home remedies for hip bursitis?
- What is the prognosis for hip bursitis? Is it possible to prevent hip bursitis?
What is bursitis?
A bursa is a closed fluid-filled sac that functions as a gliding surface to reduce friction between tissues of the body. "Bursae" is the plural form of "bursa." The major bursae are located adjacent to the tendons near the large joints, such as the shoulders, elbows, hips, and knees. When a bursa becomes inflamed, the condition is known as "bursitis." Continue Reading