High Blood Pressure Medication Index
High blood pressure medications include drugs from the ACE inhibitor, ARB (angiotensin receptor blockers), beta blockers, calcium channel blockers (CCBs), diuretics, alpha-blockers, alpha-beta blockers drug classes. Clonidine (Catapres) and minoxidil are also drugs prescribed for the treatment of high blood pressure. Side effects, warnings and precautions, safety information, and pregnancy safety information should be reviewed prior to taking any medication.
High Blood Pressure
High blood pressure, also known as hypertension, is a repeatedly
elevated blood pressure exceeding 140 over 90 mmHg -- a...learn more »
In This Article
High Blood Pressure Article
- High blood pressure facts
- What is high blood pressure?
- How is the blood pressure measured?
- How is blood pressure defined?
- What are the signs and symptoms of high blood pressure?
- What are the different types of high blood pressure?
- Isolated systolic high blood pressure
- White coat high blood pressure
- Borderline high blood pressure
- What causes high blood pressure?
- The metabolic syndrome and obesity
- What are the causes of secondary high blood pressure?
- Renal (kidney) hypertension
- Adrenal gland tumors
- Coarctation of the aorta
- What is the treatment for high blood pressure?
In This Article
High Blood Pressure Treatment Article
- What is high blood pressure (hypertension)?
- Which lifestyle modifications are beneficial in treating high blood pressure?
- Coffee and caffeinated beverages
- Other dietary considerations
- Exercise and stress reduction
- How is high blood pressure treated?
- Starting treatment for high blood pressure
- Treatment with combinations of drugs for high blood pressure
- Emergency treatment for high blood pressure
- Treatment during pregnancy
- Which medications are used to treat high blood pressure
- Angiotensin converting enzyme inhibitors (ACE inhibitors) and angiotensin receptor blockers
- Beta blockers
- Calcium channel blockers (CCBs)
- Alpha blockers
- Renin inhibitors
- Aldosterone blockers
- Combining agents
- What about the patient's compliance with medication regimens?
- Is alternative medicine used to treat high blood pressure?
- What are the complications of high blood pressure?
- Can high blood pressure be prevented?
- What's new in high blood pressure?