Patient Comments: High Blood Pressure - Symptoms

What symptoms do you have from your high blood pressure?

A Doctor's View on High Blood Pressure Symptoms

Read the Comment by William C. Shiel Jr., MD, FACP, FACR

Did you know that high blood pressure commonly won't cause any symptoms at all. The danger to this is that high blood pressure may be damaging your organs, and you don't realize it. If you have uncomplicated high blood pressure (hypertension) you may have a headache, feel dizzy, have blurred vision, and shortness of breath. Read the entire Doctor's View

Comment from: cupcake, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: July 11

With Epstein-Barr virus infection I get very bad aches and pains all over my body along with a sore throat and swollen glands, and feel very tired with no energy at all. I do not get a temperature. Sometimes I have chills. I hate the flare ups as my life stops and I have no energy. Seems like I get a flare up every two years or so. I hope that this information helps someone suffering with this. I can't do anything about a flare up except wait and let it run its course.

Comment from: Oatis, 65-74 Male (Patient) Published: March 03

I had a hernia on the floor of abdomen on the right. I had replaced floor with mesh, and now have pain around hip and especially in front between my leg and abdomen. I wonder if a new hernia has developed near the edge of the mesh. Walking and standing for long periods aggravate the situation.

Comment from: rc, 55-64 Male (Patient) Published: December 29

I had no symptoms of high blood pressure (BP). Well, maybe that nasty stroke. Doctors are trying to figure things out. My BP is very high and I am on metoprolol.

Comment from: silentsurvivor, 35-44 Male (Patient) Published: May 30

I haven"t really noticed any symptoms yet for high blood pressure. Sometimes I"ll get a pressure headache when I"m exerting myself or if I"m out in the heat, but other than that nothing. I do have a tendency to get aggravated a lot easier which I don"t know is a symptom but I have heard old wives tales of it being a contributing factor.

Comment from: Jen1809, 25-34 Female (Patient) Published: October 17

I feel pretty terrible all the time with a thumping headache and pulse in my head, I am exhausted all the time. When my father was my age he had a hemorrhage due to high blood pressure and both my brothers are on medications. Last week I had one of my 'turns' and my boss sent me to the doctor where they found my blood pressure to be 181/115. At the docs previously I had a diastolic of 99 yet no-one has ever put me on anything, I'm just left to get on with it, I'm really concerned. I'm in a medical profession and fully aware of what could happen to me!

Comment from: Jane, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: March 24

I am taking hydrochlorothiazide 12.5 mg with Klor-Con M10 once a day. My blood pressure (BP) has stayed around 118/70 until this morning when it read 135/70. I took my medicines and two hours later my BP was 185/75 then 30 minutes later my BP was160/75. My pressure finding dropped to 155/70 but after walking around the house my BP jumped to 170/91. After resting about 10 or 15 minutes my BP was down to 164/90.

Comment from: Paula, 35-44 Female (Patient) Published: May 21

I have no symptoms of high blood pressure. Actually, I felt worse on medication with BP in a normal range than I did when my BP was 220/120.

Comment from: ron, 25-34 Male (Patient) Published: May 09

With high blood pressure I have clogged red ears, red face, and head pressure.

High Blood Pressure - Diet Question: Have you changed your diet to try to bring down your high blood pressure?
High Blood Pressure - Treatment Question: Do you take medication to treat your high blood pressure?
High Blood Pressure - Readings Question: Is your blood pressure reading high, low, or normal?
High Blood Pressure - Causes Question: Do you know if genetic factors, high salt intake, or arterial stiffness caused your high blood pressure?