Patient Comments: Hiccups - Length of Time

How long did you have hiccups?

Comment from: Jumpy, 55-64 Male (Patient) Published: October 18

I had the hiccups for two weeks. After two doctor appointments and a visit to urgent care I was prescribed chlorpromazine. After five days they are finally gone!

Comment from: davfar, 35-44 Male (Patient) Published: October 15

I have had the hiccups for three weeks. I had a surgery before the hiccups started but I can't get rid of them.

Comment from: John, 55-64 Male (Patient) Published: October 15

I have had hiccups on and off all day.

Comment from: Rumbi, 25-34 Female (Patient) Published: March 20

I have been having hiccups every day since January 2014.

Comment from: Nasrullah, 65-74 Male (Patient) Published: February 04

I had hiccups for 7 days in 80s. I then had it in 2009 for 12 days.

Comment from: Dan, 45-54 Male (Patient) Published: January 02

I have had hiccups for over 50 years. My father has the same condition.

Comment from: Victoriavkv, 19-24 (Patient) Published: October 31

I have had hiccups for three days now.

Comment from: Bai's, 35-44 Male (Caregiver) Published: August 19

My step dad had hiccups for over two years, we tried all kind of treatment but is still disturbing him.

Comment from: jobywan, 55-64 Male (Patient) Published: July 23

going on 5 days............. :(

Comment from: Manas, 19-24 Male (Patient) Published: July 09

I have had hiccups for more than two days now!

Comment from: HiccupGirl2013, 19-24 Female (Patient) Published: August 09

I've had the hiccups for four months, and my doctor says that it's stress related. I take amitriptyline three times a day and it doesn't work. I'm starting to think I'll be stuck with them for the rest of my life.

Hiccups - Symptoms Question: Do you have other symptoms associated with hiccups? If so, what are they?
Hiccups - Medical Help Question: Have you ever gone to a doctor or the ER for hiccups? Please share your experience.
Hiccups - Remedies and Treatment Question: Everyone has a remedy for hiccups. What's yours?