Patient Comments: Hiccups - Symptoms

Do you have other symptoms associated with hiccups? If so, what are they?

Comment from: Williams, 45-54 Male (Patient) Published: January 21

Apart from the hiccups I feel like there's a lump in my throat/right chest (Internal).

Comment from: Dave, 65-74 Male (Patient) Published: December 21

When I eat red meat sometimes I will hiccup and have to gag up saliva to be able to eat. I have had these attacks for 7 years now and never before that. I know now that I must go very slow with the first few bites and let them settle first because if I eat too fast with meat hiccups will start and be very hard to stop. I don't know what my condition is called but I know it only happens when I eat meat fast. The first time it happened I had to walk around a parking lot for a half hour and gag to spit out the food in my guts. Now as I said I know better and take just a few bites and if I gag that up then it goes down fine; such a strange malady. It certainly makes me feel like Pavlov's dog as it is basically an overproduction of saliva kind of thing.

Comment from: stephnyro4, 35-44 Female (Patient) Published: December 22

I suddenly started having only 1 hiccup and I am not sure why. Nothing has changed in my diet, no change in medications, etc. I just don't understand why I started having just 1 hiccup and it happens about 5 to 6 times an hour. I am confused.

Comment from: Frank, 35-44 Male (Patient) Published: October 14

I get hiccups once a year. When it starts it lasts for at least 15 days, and stops suddenly, I tried all kinds of medicine and nothing works.

Comment from: Swapna, 25-34 Female (Patient) Published: August 30

I have got hiccup problem since 3 years and i had checked with some doctor but hiccup could not remedy, i always hiccup every second to second and this hiccup is giving me serious problem day to day, so how will i cure from this problem please give me suggestion.

Comment from: ld, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: June 05

I had hiccups while eating. It happened twice. I would hiccup and my throat would feel like it was closing. Then I vomited.

Hiccups - Medical Help Question: Have you ever gone to a doctor or the ER for hiccups? Please share your experience.
Hiccups - Remedies and Treatment Question: Everyone has a remedy for hiccups. What's yours?
Hiccups - Length of Time Question: How long did you have hiccups?