OVERDOSE: This medicine may be harmful if swallowed. If swallowing or overdose is suspected, contact a poison control center or emergency room immediately. US residents can call their local poison control center at 1-800-222-1222. Canada residents can call a provincial poison control center. Symptoms of overdose/swallowing may include: loss of appetite, vomiting, stomach cramps, diarrhea, and seizures.
STORAGE: Store at room temperature at 77 degrees F (25 degrees C) away from light. Keep all medicines away from children and pets. Hexachlorophene is very harmful if swallowed, especially to infants and children. Store in original container to prevent accidental swallowing. Do not pour into other containers (e.g., measuring cups, medicine bottles) that may be mistaken for food or other medication.Hexachlorophene may turn brown when exposed to light for a long time. This does not affect how well it will work. Shake the container well to improve the color.Do not flush medications down the toilet or pour them into a drain unless instructed to do so. Properly discard this product when it is expired or no longer needed. Consult your pharmacist or local waste disposal company for more details about how to safely discard your product.
Information last revised March 2013. Copyright(c) 2013 First Databank, Inc.
Report Problems to the Food and Drug Administration
You are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.
Need help identifying pills and medications?
Use the pill identifier tool on RxList.