Patient Comments: Hernia - Types

What type of hernia did you have?

Comment from: marmie, 75 or over Female (Patient) Published: May 02

I have a large hernia from an incision for two colon resections in two years. The CT scan shows some of my liver is also out, I guess because of a severe cough 2 months ago. My last surgery six months ago popped open and took 3 months to finally close. The inguinal hernia is in that area.

Comment from: Id2cool, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: June 19

I just got home from surgery, I had no swelling on the right pelvic area where the hernia was. For over a year I had reoccurring terrible cramping on top of intestines above the navel. It used to take me down three to four hours in bed. But on June 16, 2014 it was so bad it did not let up for 10 hours. Next day I went to a clinic to get x-rays, he said I had air pockets caused by unknown sore. I got a call after hours by the radiologist who took x-rays who urged me to go to the emergency room and I went right to surgery. I had the CT scan and it showed the hernia and I am still real bloated up after the surgery and eating a soft diet. I hope you guys are wrong on how long it takes to recuperate, we have short summers up north. I'm in pain tonight, just not wrenching pain.

Hernia - Symptoms Question: What symptoms did you have when you had a hernia?
Hernia - Surgery Question: Did you have surgery to repair your hernia? What was that like?
Hernia - Causes Question: Do you know what caused your hernia?