Patient Comments: Hepatitis C - Treatment

What methods of treatment, including medication, have you received for your hepatitis C?

A Doctor's View on New Hepatitis C Treatments

Read the Comment by Jay W. Marks, MD

There are several clinical drug trials currently underway that suggests soon they may be able to eradicate the hepatitis C virus. Patients currently undergoing treatment for hepatitis C often experience uncomfortable to severe side effects of the hepatitis C treatment drugs, and often suffer a very long treatment period. These new drugs undergoing clinical trials have fewer side effects, have of a shorter treatment duration, and again, can eradicate the hepatitis C virus. So be on the alert for news of approval of these new drugs that just may cure hepatitis C. Read the entire Doctor's View

Comment from: why not me?, 35-44 Female (Patient) Published: October 15

I was prescribed Ribavirin and Interferon. I took the shot once a week and the Ribavirin every day. At first it seemed to be working but unfortunately my immune system began fighting off and rejecting this treatment, as a result I had to discontinue.

Comment from: Dorolar, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: September 18

I have Hep c for over 15 years now, when I was first diganased I was put on interferon for a year, it was hell but I did it, I was extremely healthy up until recent months due to medication , I should have been more honest with each doctor that wanted to give me a pill for this or that, feeling very frustrated & scared as I am going in for an ultra sound next week !

Comment from: Hopeful, 35-44 Female (Patient) Published: March 11

I have had Hep C for 12 years and am only just about to go on conventional treatment as I have managed to stay fairly healthy through cutting out alcohol and other dietary changes (no salami etc.) and taking Milk Thistle (Silybum Marianum) supplements. Adequate water intake is very important to assist with flushing of the liver with this treatment. Ginger beer can also help with nausea. Be strong and I hope this helps.

Hepatitis C - Diagnosis Question: What kinds of tests did you have to diagnose your hepatitis C?
Hepatitis C - Symptoms Question: What symptoms did you experience with hepatitis C?
Hepatitis C - Treatment Side Effects Experience Question: Describe the side effects associated with treatment for your hepatitis C.