Patient Comments: Hepatitis C - Diagnosis

What kinds of tests did you have to diagnose hepatitis C?

Comment from: Bee, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: October 06

I was diagnosed with hepatitis C two years ago by blood tests. I had swelling of the lower legs, fatigue and sore joints. I had all the aches and pains, but I figured it was due to my getting old! I was put on pegatron shots and pills, which at first starting worked like magic but then gradually stopped helping.

Comment from: Bobby, 45-54 Male (Patient) Published: September 15

I have taken the injection and the pills and I am also African American. The virus was maintained for the year I took it, but it did not work.

Comment from: albatros, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: August 22

I started combination therapy but at my first injection I had an allergic reaction. I had a swollen face, red rush on my neck, and numb upper lips. I went to A&E and was advised to stop straight away taking my medication. There are no alternative therapies on offer so now I'm waiting for a liver biopsy to decide what to do next. Has anyone experienced this?

Hepatitis C - Symptoms Question: What symptoms did you experience with hepatitis C?
Hepatitis C - Treatment and Medications Question: What methods of treatment, including medication, have you received for hepatitis C?
Hepatitis C - Treatment Side Effects Experience Question: Describe the side effects associated with your treatment for hepatitis C.
Hepatitis C - Experience Question: Please share your experience with hepatitis C infection.