Patient Comments: Hepatitis B - Treatments

What was the treatment for your hepatitis B?

Comment from: 45-54 Male (Patient) Published: November 30

I was diagnosed as hepatitis b carrier after tests were done to investigate fatigue. I have chronic hepatitis b with fibrosis of my liver already present. I started treatment of Limivudine which reduced the viral load initially. After a couple of years the virus became resistant and I am now on Adedovir which has again reduced the viral load. I suffer permanent fatigue and insomnia but undergo regular checks and ultrasound scans to monitor my condition.

Comment from: Phil, 75 or over Female (Caregiver) Published: August 17

Back in the 1980s and 90s I donated blood to Life Source as frequently as possible. However, in 1997 or 1998 they contacted me and told me they could no longer use my blood because I had contracted the hepatitis B virus. My doctor told me I probably contracted it through my husband who had ALS (Lou Gehrig's disease). I was his main caregiver and foolishly never used gloves while handling his feeding tube (stoma) which sometimes bled. Now in 2011 I'm still feeling fine, and even though I can't donate blood anymore, was told my own blood could be used if I should need a transfusion.

Comment from: boyfriend, 19-24 Female (Caregiver) Published: October 17

My girlfriend was diagnosed of hepatitis B last month. Eventually this situation has changed a lot of things in her life, she stopped drinking alcohol, eats fruits daily, drinks skimmed mild rather than soft drinks. Because of her condition, she can no longer work abroad. As of now there are no signs and symptoms appearing.

Comment from: Bravo, 65-74 Male (Patient) Published: September 24

My father is 72 years old. He was diagnosed with hepatitis B disease a month ago. He's lost 18 lbs, is nauseous, and has no taste when eating. He is very weak so we airlifted him to the hospital. It was then that the doctor found out that his hepatitis B virus resurfaced. Now he is given Entecavir Baraclude to be taken once every 3 days.

Comment from: Chris, 19-24 Female (Patient) Published: August 17

I was born with Chronic Hepatitis B. I didn't have any problems or symptoms until last year. I am now undergoing Interferon treatment, and have been for four months. I have lost 25 lbs., and most of my hair. Physically, I'm doing ok. Emotionally, I'm up and down. This is a process, and the one thing I wish I could handle is my patience. I need to be more patient, and realize this too shall pass.

Comment from: David, 25-34 Male (Patient) Published: May 05

I never knew I was living with Hepatitis B not until I went for an Airforce Interview and that was what screened me out of getting that Job. Then, I look at myself without any hope again. I had another 3 test after the one at AIRFORCE hospital May 2010 making it 4 times, and it all tested REACTIVE. I had no feeling of any symptoms except the feeling of tiredness from waking up in the morning and sometimes the two tissues of my leg used to ache me. I have met with doctors and nurses and they gave me confident that it will go and which I accepted with faith. I don't know how I contracted it. The painful part of it is that I have not given birth to any children and am afraid of having sex with my wife to be coz I didn't want her or the baby to contact it. I believe in GOD almighty.

Comment from: rehas, 25-34 Male (Patient) Published: January 20

Hi! I am positive in hepatitis b virus. I am experiencing insomnia, loss of appetite, dizziness.

Hepatitis B - Describe Your Experience Question: Please describe your experience with hepatitis b.
Hepatitis B - Diagnosis Question: Describe the tests and exams that led to a diagnosis of hepatitis B.
Hepatitis B - Transmission Question: If known, describe how you or someone you know was exposed to and infected with hepatitis B.