Patient Comments: Hepatitis B - Describe Your Experience

Please describe your experience with hepatitis b.

Comment from: MicnKC, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: October 07

I was diagnosed with HepB 2 weeks ago and was devastated by the news. I have been ill and sore for over 10 years, with no one being able to figure out what was wrong with me. It was always written off as a virus or infection. Then 2 years ago the severe muscle cramps started. I had them from scalp to toes, and it was when they ran the full spectrum of tests to figure the cramps out, that they discovered the HepB along with severe Vitamin D deficiency, which I now link to the HepB. I am so tired and nauseous and in constant pain. I am just sick and tired of feeling sick and tired!! :P

Comment from: virgo girl, 25-34 Female (Patient) Published: April 17

This last 2 weeks I'm diagnosed with hepatitis B virus in my test but the doctor has not given me medicine to take or advised if is chronic.

Comment from: Jim, 55-64 Male (Patient) Published: February 20

I have known for about 1 year that I have hepatitis B because of a blood test. I had a liver biopsy, normal. I had the vaccination at least 7 years ago but I must have had it already, but no effects. Maybe I'm lucky but I want to let others know. I had my partner get vaccinated and will have tested every 6 months from now on. Eat right and lift weights. Life is for the living. Enjoy it.

Comment from: bassam, 19-24 Male (Patient) Published: December 05

Two years ago I found out I am infected with hepatitis B virus and I was maintained on entecavir (Tecavir). Then after 3 months PCR was undetectable but HBsAg was still positive and also anti-HBs still zero. I am still taking my medication and my wife was vaccinated against the virus.

Comment from: suzaku, 25-34 Female (Patient) Published: October 07

i have a question to ask regarding hepatitis B. I found out that I was a hep B carrier when I undergone a test during my pregnancy with my 3rd child. the test was done last September 2006. but I was not treated.. I did not undergone any vaccine shot because I was pregnant that time.. i went another check up with my fourth child...my second test was last November or December 2007. my ob got surprise because I was positive in the antigen test in my hep B but I was negative in the antibodies test. according to her, how could that happen that in the antigen, I was positive but negative in the antibodies. she told me that the hep virus is now in my blood surface but I have no antibodies that would fight for the bacteria.. Until now, I have no vaccine shot yet. but my 2 young kids got their shots after I gave birth to them. vaccines complete for them...Finally my OB told me that i need to gone another test after six months from giving birth to see if there was a changes in my case...if the case was still the same that i am still negative in the antibodies test, then she will refer me to the Internal Medicine doctor..

Comment from: nitesh, 25-34 Male (Patient) Published: April 11

Seven years ago I was found HBsAg positive and by taking herbal medicine, now I am negative in kit test but my abdominal pain still persists. And I want to take hepatitis B vaccine.

Comment from: ananya, 19-24 Female (Patient) Published: December 30

I am a 24 years old girl having hepatitis B. I am not under any medication as my viral loads are within limits.

Hepatitis B - Treatments Question: What was the treatment for your hepatitis B?
Hepatitis B - Diagnosis Question: Describe the tests and exams that led to a diagnosis of hepatitis B.
Hepatitis B - Transmission Question: If known, describe how you or someone you know was exposed to and infected with hepatitis B.