Patient Comments: Hepatitis B - Describe Your Experience

Please describe your experience with hepatitis b.

Comment from: Ebere, 25-34 Female (Patient) Published: December 03

I tested hepatitis B virus positive. I have two kids and they tested negative and my husband tested negative too. But I keep on testing positive always.

Comment from: kemi, 19-24 Female (Patient) Published: April 23

I was diagnosed of having hepatitis B for over 8 months now, with serum testing. I have been taking lamivudine and I have done the test again, but it is still the same positive. I am just tired and sick of all this and it is asymptomatic.

Comment from: nitesh, 25-34 Male (Patient) Published: April 11

Seven years ago I was found HBsAg positive and by taking herbal medicine, now I am negative in kit test but my abdominal pain still persists. And I want to take hepatitis B vaccine.

Comment from: ananya, 19-24 Female (Patient) Published: December 30

I am a 24 years old girl having hepatitis B. I am not under any medication as my viral loads are within limits.

Comment from: luci, 35-44 Female (Caregiver) Published: October 24

I was diagnosed with hepatitis B six years ago when I became pregnant with my first child. My husband got tested for the virus as well but the results turned out negative. I have no idea how or where I contracted that virus. I had no signs or symptoms before the test. Recently I've been getting some burning sensations in both feet and insomnia. I have not had any medications.

Comment from: wvguy27, 25-34 Male (Patient) Published: October 24

I was diagnosed with hepatitis B about a month ago. I am feeling fatigued a lot of my time.

Comment from: Maame, 19-24 Female (Patient) Published: October 24

My parents died of hepatitis B. I have 4 siblings but it seems I and my little sister were the ones born with the disease. I always feel weak, I feel pains in my abdomen, the color of my eye is so yellowish and I always feel some sharp burning pain in my muscles and joints.

Comment from: gerdar, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: April 15

I tried to donate blood for the first time in my life about 26 years ago, and the local county health department telephoned me that afternoon and said I needed to go to see a doctor immediately because I had hepatitis B. I had absolutely no symptoms. I had several blood tests over the course of a year or so, and my doctor said I was a chronic carrier. My sister had Down's syndrome, and my doctor said I probably got it from her as she lived in an institution for a period of time. My other family members were tested, as was my husband. Turns out, my father is also a carrier. I am not really worried about it but continue to have liver profile blood tests each year.

Published: June 30

I was diagnosed with hepatits B in December of 2004. I'm not sure when I got it, but I was having some problems with digestion and a feeling of being bloated and gaseous. My blood test revealed that my liver levels were off the charts. My doctor said that I was in pretty bad shape. In February of 2005, I began taking Epivir HBV. My blood test results slowly came back into range and in approximately six to nine months, the virus was in the undetectable range. I was doing great until October of 2007 and I lost my medical insurance and could no longer afford my medication. I went 3 months without the Epivir HBV. When I was able to get blood work done, it showed that my liver levels had increased significantly , but not to the levels of my original diagnosis. I've been back on Epivir now for 4 months. After 2 months, my blood test showed that my liver levels where headed back to the normal range. I will have more blood work done in a week or so. I have not experienced any major side effects from Epivir. I will have an occasional head ache and a tired feeling, but that may or may not be associated with the medication. I also seem to have occasional pain the the liver area. Being that I had been off medication for 3 months without his consent, my doctor ordered a CT Scan as a precaution. There was no signs of abnormal growths or cancer. Thankfully, I have a really caring doctor that tries to stay on top of things. I am hopeful that my body will be ale to fight off the infection on it's own and I will no longer need medication.

Hepatitis B - Treatments Question: What was the treatment for your hepatitis B?
Hepatitis B - Diagnosis Question: Describe the tests and exams that led to a diagnosis of hepatitis B.
Hepatitis B - Transmission Question: If known, describe how you or someone you know was exposed to and infected with hepatitis B.