Patient Comments: Hepatitis B - Describe Your Experience

Please describe your experience with hepatitis b.

Comment from: Mii, 35-44 Female (Patient) Published: April 22

I was diagnosed with Hepatitis B two years ago, during a routine check when I got pregnant. I don't experience much of the symptoms mentioned except for occasional body aches, my daughter was immunized about 15 hours after birth. I don't know when I contacted the virus. My other two children have not been immunized, after reading this article I intend to verify and immunize them. Here in Nigeria the doctor did not prescribe any medication for me because microscopic test of HB Ag read -ve.

Comment from: Lion, 35-44 Male (Patient) Published: March 26

I was diagnosed Hepatitis B. I have no symptoms. My digestion is slow, but that s it. No tiredness, vomiting, or joint pains, nothing. I will have further tests tomorrow as part of my routine annual med exam. I would have loved to go on medication. The problem is, in Ghana West Africa, we have no such drugs. I try to live my life as best as I can. Hopefully someday, we can have access to drugs.

Comment from: Sammy, 35-44 Male Published: March 16

I was told two weeks ago that I have Hepatitis B. The nurse told me that I have had it for many years. I could not imagine how I got the disease and therefore I am puzzled. What makes it even more puzzling is because I have not felt any of the symptoms since the time the nurse told me I have contracted the virus. I need help to understand this scenario. I have a druggist friend that told me that there is no such thing as a carrier. He said, "You either have the disease or not." That makes me even more confused.

Comment from: 35-44 Female (Patient) Published: August 06

I was diagnosed with hepatitis B in 1992. I don't know how I got it and/or when. It has been dormant in my body, so I have been considered a carrier of the virus. I have never had any side effects from it. I found out that I had it through regular, routine blood work.

Hepatitis B - Treatments Question: What was the treatment for your hepatitis B?
Hepatitis B - Diagnosis Question: Describe the tests and exams that led to a diagnosis of hepatitis B.
Hepatitis B - Transmission Question: If known, describe how you or someone you know was exposed to and infected with hepatitis B.