Patient Comments: Hepatitis B - Describe Your Experience

Please describe your experience with hepatitis b.

Comment from: kojo, 19-24 Male (Patient) Published: April 15

I got tested of hepatitis B just yesterday (13/4/2015) and the results shows that I am positive. But there are no signs and symptoms in my body. I don't know how I contacted this deadly disease. Because of money problems I have to use my father's toothbrush, because there is no money to buy one. I ask of the medications and it is too expensive for me to afford. The doctor explained to me that there are acute and chronic hepatitis. I will be at the hospital to test whether I am acute or chronic. I know I will get rid of this virus.

Comment from: Ebere, 25-34 Female (Patient) Published: December 03

I tested hepatitis B virus positive. I have two kids and they tested negative and my husband tested negative too. But I keep on testing positive always.

Comment from: Malin, 25-34 Female (Patient) Published: August 07

I'm a hepatitis B carrier, and I found it out 3 years ago when I need some medical test for applying for a job. It scares me a lot, and I have been so hopeless since I heard it, I feel like I'm an outcast and different from others. I cry all night, I can't think properly, I'm so down. Even my doctor advised that I cannot transmit the virus using same utensils, saliva, etc., except if I have sexual intercourse. I'm still sick, no one in my family has this disease. And I don't know where I got it. I have taken blood tests many times and my liver is okay, and I never feel pain in my body, but I can't sleep well every night since I have known my situation.

Comment from: Martha L., 65-74 Male (Caregiver) Published: July 14

My husband was on intensive care in 2002 due to cholesterol medications affecting his liver. He turned a gold color and a resident said it caused hepatitis B. He had been through a series of hepatitis B vaccinations before he could accept a job at work years before this and we need to know if this would be considered having hepatitis B since he wants to be a body donor when he passes.

Comment from: thess, 35-44 Female (Caregiver) Published: July 08

In 1999 when I knew that I'm hepatitis B carrier, I didn't visit the doctor. Since then I'm suffering from joint pain and back pain and also my urine is so dark and yellow. I don't know what to do, I have 5 kids, and I am worried they have it too.

Comment from: virgo girl, 25-34 Female (Patient) Published: April 17

This last 2 weeks I'm diagnosed with hepatitis B virus in my test but the doctor has not given me medicine to take or advised if is chronic.

Comment from: Jim, 55-64 Male (Patient) Published: February 20

I have known for about 1 year that I have hepatitis B because of a blood test. I had a liver biopsy, normal. I had the vaccination at least 7 years ago but I must have had it already, but no effects. Maybe I'm lucky but I want to let others know. I had my partner get vaccinated and will have tested every 6 months from now on. Eat right and lift weights. Life is for the living. Enjoy it.

Comment from: bassam, 19-24 Male (Patient) Published: December 05

Two years ago I found out I am infected with hepatitis B virus and I was maintained on entecavir (Tecavir). Then after 3 months PCR was undetectable but HBsAg was still positive and also anti-HBs still zero. I am still taking my medication and my wife was vaccinated against the virus.

Comment from: suzaku, 25-34 Female (Patient) Published: October 07

i have a question to ask regarding hepatitis B. I found out that I was a hep B carrier when I undergone a test during my pregnancy with my 3rd child. the test was done last September 2006. but I was not treated.. I did not undergone any vaccine shot because I was pregnant that time.. i went another check up with my fourth second test was last November or December 2007. my ob got surprise because I was positive in the antigen test in my hep B but I was negative in the antibodies test. according to her, how could that happen that in the antigen, I was positive but negative in the antibodies. she told me that the hep virus is now in my blood surface but I have no antibodies that would fight for the bacteria.. Until now, I have no vaccine shot yet. but my 2 young kids got their shots after I gave birth to them. vaccines complete for them...Finally my OB told me that i need to gone another test after six months from giving birth to see if there was a changes in my case...if the case was still the same that i am still negative in the antibodies test, then she will refer me to the Internal Medicine doctor..

Hepatitis B - Treatments Question: What was the treatment for your hepatitis B?
Hepatitis B - Diagnosis Question: Describe the tests and exams that led to a diagnosis of hepatitis B.
Hepatitis B - Transmission Question: If known, describe how you or someone you know was exposed to and infected with hepatitis B.