Patient Comments: Hepatic Hemangioma - Treatment

What types of treatment, including surgery, did you receive for a hepatic hemangioma?

Comment from: G-MAN.DEL, 45-54 Male (Patient) Published: October 18

In 2009, I was diagnosed with a giant hepatic hemangioma. In 2012, I developed a fever of unknown origin along with night sweats (I saturated 4 to 5 shirts every night) and a strange cough. After two months of tests with negative results, we focused on the hemangioma. It was determined through tests that the hemangioma was bleeding internally, causing the symptoms I was experiencing. A doctor performed an arterial embolization, basically cutting off the blood flow to the hemangioma. In six months, the tumor shrunk in half. Four years later, it hasn't gotten any bigger. The only real issue I have is an occasional tenderness in my abdomen leading to severe pain for about 20 to 30 minutes, always between 1:00 and 3:00 in the mornings. I have no idea what causes the pain or why it's only in the early morning.

Hepatic Hemangioma - Symptoms Question: What were the symptoms of your hepatic hemangioma?
Hepatic Hemangioma - Diagnosis Question: Describe the tests and exams that led to a diagnosis of hepatic hemangioma.