Patient Comments: Hepatic Hemangioma - Symptoms

Question:What were the symptoms of your hepatic hemangioma?

Comment from: charlie, 65-74 Male (Patient) Published: December 16

I had no symptoms whatever. I had an ultra sound scanning as a matter of a check-up following some bowel disturbance and the scanning disclosed a hepatic hemangioma. My doctor assured me that it was no problem and no treatment was necessary.

Comment from: suzzy Q, 35-44 Female (Patient) Published: February 18

I just had an ultrasound that just showed these things on my liver and 2 are small and 1 is very large; I am very upset and scared. Liver Cancer is my 1st thought and then I get even more scared. I thought it was my gallbladder and had bad gas but it is not. Three years ago I had a full hysterectomy and I am seeing that estrogen therapy could be a cause. Now I have had dizziness and abdominal pain and feel horrible maybe just physiological.

Comment from: AngiWallace, 35-44 Female (Patient) Published: October 18

I went to the ER for nausea, vomiting, and abdominal pain. I have these bouts quite frequently with no apparent cause. CT w/o contrast was done and identified multiple hypodense lesions as well as a 27x29mm soft-tissue mass. Later CT w/ contrast was done and the lesions were simple cysts. The larger mass has now been diagnosed as a Hepatic Hemangioma. Currently awaiting liver function results.

Comment from: HemangiomaQueen, 35-44 Female (Patient) Published: September 26

Mine was discovered after a car accident. I was having persistent back pain and pain in my right side. After several weeks and no relief, my doctor ordered an MRI. No issues with my back, but my side pain was most likely due to a hepatic hemangioma that was 22 cm. I was sent to a liver specialist at. We discussed possible surgery to remove it, but as it's so large we decided to leave it alone. As I rested and healed, I recovered from the accident. Now, I have occasional pain in my right side, but manageable.

Comment from: One Hemangioma, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: February 25

I was having pain on and off on my right side. Months later I noticed a hard lump and the pain was increasing. Went to my doctor and she ordered an ultrasound, and then for a CT where the hemangioma was diagnosed. Meeting with a surgeon next week.

Hepatic Hemangioma - Treatment Question: What types of treatment, including surgery, did you receive for a hepatic hemangioma?
Hepatic Hemangioma - Diagnosis Question: Describe the tests and exams that led to a diagnosis of hepatic hemangioma.