Patient Comments: Hepatic Hemangioma - Symptoms

Question:What were the symptoms of your hepatic hemangioma?

Comment from: HemangiomaQueen, 35-44 Female (Patient) Published: September 26

Mine was discovered after a car accident. I was having persistent back pain and pain in my right side. After several weeks and no relief, my doctor ordered an MRI. No issues with my back, but my side pain was most likely due to a hepatic hemangioma that was 22 cm. I was sent to a liver specialist at. We discussed possible surgery to remove it, but as it's so large we decided to leave it alone. As I rested and healed, I recovered from the accident. Now, I have occasional pain in my right side, but manageable.

Comment from: One Hemangioma, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: February 25

I was having pain on and off on my right side. Months later I noticed a hard lump and the pain was increasing. Went to my doctor and she ordered an ultrasound, and then for a CT where the hemangioma was diagnosed. Meeting with a surgeon next week.

Hepatic Hemangioma - Treatment Question: What types of treatment, including surgery, did you receive for a hepatic hemangioma?
Hepatic Hemangioma - Diagnosis Question: Describe the tests and exams that led to a diagnosis of hepatic hemangioma.