Patient Comments: Hemorrhoids - Home Remedies

What home remedies have been effective for your hemorrhoids?

Comment from: chopinlover, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: January 08

I love using zinc oxide/cod liver oil diaper rash cream on my hemorrhoids. Nothing else works as fast. Preparation H doesn't work nearly as fast or as well. I also make sure to soak in a hot tub, eat lots of fiber, and use alcohol free wipes. Sometimes I will use a plain warm water enema, very carefully to make sure everything is flushed clean. Then insert liberal amount of the diaper cream into the anus, twice a day. Two years ago I did have a very severe external thrombosed hemorrhoid and I did run and get it lanced, drained and would do it again in a heartbeat. Since then I have a much smaller one that is not nearly as bad {not in same spot, the bad one never came back on that side} and I seem able to control it with the zinc cream, so far.

Comment from: 65-74 Male (Patient) Published: November 05

My body does not like antibiotics. For a very minor infection which was almost healed my doctor gave me a prescription 40 tablets to be taken with water one every 6 hours. I followed his direction exactly. It gave me hemorrhoids that itch and burn and light bleeding that have lasted over two months. I also had fever blisters for two weeks. I watch my diet pretty closely and have never been affected like this before! I am rarely ever sick. I may change doctors.

Comment from: 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: November 05

I have gotten hemorrhoids for about the last 6 years or so and absolutely nothing helps. I am so sick of all these phony advertisements for creams, natural remedies they want you to pay a fortune for. Well, I finally found this site and I got to tell you whoever wrote about the zinc-oxide is my one true HERO. I went out and got some DESITIN Diaper Rash ointment which has 40% zinc oxide and I applied it once at bedtime and guess what NO hemorrhoids this morning. It absolutely shrunk the piles and I can sit again. Anyone who reads this has to get DESITIN Diaper Rash Ointment.

Comment from: puteri, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: November 05

I am suffering of severe pain during defecation, bleeding and hard stool post naturally. I was given Anusol suppositories, lignocaine gel and defalan tablets. On top of that, I took high fiber diet. The bleeding ceased, however the pain persisted. It has been 2 weeks now. I find inserting Anusol into the anus too painful.

Comment from: worriedspouse, 19-24 Female (Caregiver) Published: November 05

My husband is 24 years old and has worked in the textile industry. Heavy lifting was required for the job and as a result, he suffers from hemorrhoids and has for the past three years. We have been to specialists, GI doctors and emergency rooms all over for his pain and severe anemia. Bleeding is quite severe and recently the hemorrhoid has protruded outside the anus. Please tell me where to purchase hemezz. I have looked all over and cannot find it. After Preparation H., ProctoFoam, suppositories, injections, iron pills, noni juice (you name it, he's tried it) and no luck, any advice (especially regarding hemezz) would be greatly appreciated!

Hemorrhoids - Causes Question: What caused your hemorrhoids?
Hemorrhoids - Symptoms Question: What were the symptoms of your hemorrhoids?
Hemorrhoids - Treatment Question: What was the treatment for your hemorrhoids?