Patient Comments: Hemorrhoids - Treatment

What was the treatment for your hemorrhoids?

Comment from: cy, 45-54 Male (Patient) Published: December 05

I had surgery for a hiatal hernia because it was causing my stomach to partially twist, which happens in only 5 percent of hiatal hernia cases. Its official name is a partial stomach volvulus which is extremely dangerous if it twists and gets stuck. I was very lucky that mine did not, but given enough time it would have. I had to wait 10 months for my surgery which was extremely stressful. After waking up from surgery I was in more pain then I have ever been in, but in time that went away and I am extremely happy I got it done.

Comment from: sinfulangel, 35-44 Female (Patient) Published: February 04

I had three internal hemorrhoids and just had the last banding done on the third one and I tell you it's worth it but it is painful and it goes on for a good couple of months because you can only have it done once every two weeks so far so good.

Comment from: 25-34 Female (Patient) Published: November 05

I have hemorrhoids since my third child (10 years) sometimes they bother me and other times they don't cause any pain or itching. The other day however I discovered a small pimple or skin tag on the outside opening of my rectum. It bothers me when I have a bowel movement and wipe sometimes it bothers me when I am wearing thong underwear as well. Is something I should be concerned about?

Comment from: alex, 35-44 Male (Patient) Published: November 05

Desitin works very well and is cheap. Prep H helps some too. Clean area with witch hazel and clean out any mucus build up as quick as you can otherwise I find it aggravates the area pretty quickly. I find that by doing these steps I can get them taken care of (Or at least much better) in a week or less.

Comment from: neilia, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: November 05

I have occasional have constipation. I noticed what seems to be a skin tag outside my anus. This is not causing much trouble, but it seems to have remained for some time now. I had gone to a gynecologist for other reasons when I also mentioned this. He presumed they are hemorrhoids and prescribed a few adult suppositories. They look very dreadful “ like dark-colored rockets. I'm wondering if my hemorrhoids are really external hemorrhoids and if the “rectal rocket” suppositories have to be fully inserted for an external cure.

Comment from: sankha, 25-34 Male (Caregiver) Published: March 26

Eat salted guava and sweet-melon (optional) for dinner. It cured hemorrhoids for me in 2 days.

Comment from: Mendy, 65-74 Female (Patient) Published: January 14

I am 69 years old and was diagnosed with a hiatal hernia many years ago. The only medication that has worked for me is Nexium, 40 mg. Recently, I have been taking the Nexium two times a day and also some antacid over-the-counter pills. On New Year's Day, I went to the emergency room because I thought that I was having a heart attack. I had eaten a very small amount of scrambled eggs and felt so bloated that I thought I would burst. I began getting a great deal of pressure in my upper abdomen, back, neck, and upper arms. I couldn't stand up straight. I took two antacid pills and continued to feel worse. I finally went to the ER and thankfully my EKG and cardiac enzymes were fine. On X-ray, the doctor saw what he thought was my esophagus being pushed to one side of my chest. Then he did an MRI and said that it was a GI problem, gave me a GI cocktail, and I immediately felt better. I can't get an appointment with a GI doctor until April.

Hemorrhoids - Causes Question: What caused your hemorrhoids?
Hemorrhoids - Symptoms Question: What were the symptoms of your hemorrhoids?
Hemorrhoids - Home Remedies Question: What home remedies have been effective for your hemorrhoids?
Hemorrhoids - Surgery Question: Did you need surgery for your hemorrhoids? Please describe the experience.