Patient Comments: Hemorrhoids - Symptoms

What were the symptoms of your hemorrhoids?

Comment from: Deena, 25-34 Female (Patient) Published: November 05

I am so thankful for this website and the helpful tips. I have been suffering from hemorrhoids for a few years now. Mine have not shrunk at all and in fact have gotten worse. The biggest issue is the itching and burning- a little bleeding too. Prep H did nothing and after going to a handful of doctors who weren't helpful, I decided to do more research and see what my options were for treatments. I found lidocaine to help but only if I douse the area. The suppositories also help at night - I can at least get a few hours of sleep. I will now try desitin and hemeez. I am so frustrated with my doctors because they take it so lightly. They even make me feel ashamed (one said I had herpes even though I'm not sexually active for religious reasons). I am a healthy 28 year old female and I just want some relief and a doctor who has more treatments than prep H. Hopefully MDs will research this topic more to help out their patients.

Comment from: cory, 35-44 Male (Patient) Published: November 05

I felt a swelling on the left side of anus. Then it increased in size within 3-4 days and developed pain. Doctor examined and declared external hemorrhoids. He gave me some anesthetic cream and asked me to add fiber in the diet. Then after 10 days the swelling was over so is the pain, but still after 10 months I have a small lump over the same place and my toilet paper do have small blood mark after bowel moments. I don't have constipation. I exercise a lot. I eat vegetables and fruit. I don't know why my problem is still not over. I am ashamed of telling others.

Comment from: twitzdary, 35-44 Female Published: November 05

I recently developed a hemorrhoid after a very forceful bowel movement. (Learned that one the hard way) and the first few days were extremely painful, felt like a stabbing pain in my anus any time I sat down/stood up. Four days have passed; the pain is still present, though not as bad. But now when I have a bowel movement, there's blood on the stool. Going to the doctor today to get it checked out.

Comment from: td42, 35-44 (Patient) Published: November 05

New to the hemorrhoids and not sure what to do. 42 healthy male who runs 3 times a week. Have no problems going to the bathroom. It's as easy as one two three. However three weeks ago out of nowhere I got a hemorrhoid. It is swollen but does not bleed, no constipation, no diarrhea. Now I go twice a day instead of once but just as easy as before. My concern is it has not shrunk and always feels like a pole in my butt but not painful. I stopped exercising. Prep H does nothing.

Comment from: 35-44 Male (Patient) Published: October 01

Hemorrhoids occur to me about 1-2 times per year. Painful sensation while defecating and some pain while flexing the muscles of the anus. I have observed the occasional blood on toilet paper. I have no pain or problems outside these occurrences.

Hemorrhoids - Causes Question: What caused your hemorrhoids?
Hemorrhoids - Treatment Question: What was the treatment for your hemorrhoids?
Hemorrhoids - Home Remedies Question: What home remedies have been effective for your hemorrhoids?