Patient Comments: Hemorrhoids - Causes

What caused your hemorrhoids?

Comment from: pratik, 19-24 Male (Patient) Published: March 07

I felt a swelling on the left side of anus. Then it increased in size within 3 to 4 days and developed pain. The doctor examined it and declared external hemorrhoids. He gave me some anesthetic cream and asked me to add fiber in the diet. Then after 10 days the swelling was over so is the pain, but still after 10 months I have a small lump over the same place and my toilet paper has small blood mark after bowel moments. I don"t have constipation. I exercise a lot. I eat vegetables and fruit. I don"t know why my problem is still not over. I am ashamed of telling others.

Comment from: DirtyOne, 55-64 (Patient) Published: October 28

I have had hemorrhoids for years and never had any problems that lasted over a day until half way thought my prostate radiation, which gave me proctitis further inflaming them. It was a year last week when this started, everyone involved in the radiation treatments said for 10 months radiation had nothing to do with it.

Hemorrhoids - Symptoms Question: What were the symptoms of your hemorrhoids?
Hemorrhoids - Treatment Question: What was the treatment for your hemorrhoids?
Hemorrhoids - Home Remedies Question: What home remedies have been effective for your hemorrhoids?