Patient Comments: Hemoglobin A1c Test - Results

Question:What were the results of your hemoglobin A1c test?

Comment from: Vic, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: May 04

I just received my hemoglobin A1c test result today: a 6.1 level. It was listed as abnormal. I have a follow-up appointment next week. I am a 55-year-old female and am about 40 pounds overweight. I am 5 feet 3 inches tall.

Comment from: worriedgranny, 7-12 Male (Caregiver) Published: April 06

My grandson who is 7 years old recently had an A1C level of 6.1. This was up from 6 months ago when it was 5.7. He is very thin and very active. There is no family history of diabetes. However, I am very worried. He is scheduled for another test.

Comment from: turbokitty, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: July 12

I'm 5'4, 130 pounds, 50 year old female who just got an A1C test back that was at 6.0. My doctor doesn't seem concerned at all. He just said to watch what I eat. Does this mean I will end up with diabetes for sure if I don't watch what I eat? My CBC also came back and my WBC is still falling. It is now 3.7. I don't think this has anything to do with my sugar.

Comment from: 45-54 Male Published: November 07

A1c now 5.4, my prior glucose (Feb) was about 350 and I lost 30 pounds and went on strict diet. Cholesterol-188, hdl-42, triglycerides 130, bp 124/83. Weight 205 (17% body fat) age 53 6'3.” All in all, fairly normal profile. Took 8 months with a mostly vegetarian diet, sugars mainly from fruit. Lifestyle changes do work! Good luck to everybody! Just started exercise, lowers my blood sugar about 15 an hour.

Comment from: Vinod, 55-64 Male (Caregiver) Published: July 18

My test readings are as under; fasting plasma glucose:150 mg/dl post lunch plasms glucose:189 mg/dl HB A1C : 7.58 %

Comment from: Brigette, 35-44 Female (Caregiver) Published: June 03

I am 44, White woman, 5'6 /235 lbs. My test came back 10.3 I'm taking this very serious and it's changing everything about my life. My doctor said I can reverse it, if I lose the weight. Next week I go in for stress test {echo test}.

Comment from: milo, 45-54 Male (Patient) Published: May 31

I had blood test taken and My hemoglobin A1c was 6.2.

Comment from: RAMJR, 55-64 Male (Patient) Published: May 31

A1C test results of 6.3. Checking for possible Diabetes.

Comment from: Lucky to be alive, 45-54 Male (Patient) Published: May 19

Being a new type 2 diabetic for a year, I came close to losing a limb or my life because my internal doctor did have me use a glucose meter. I learned the hard way he was checking my sugars by my A1C which were good. But between them I was having highs and lows. No foot care/or referral for foot doc. No diet teaching. I just happen to be in a city when I got ill and had excellent care.

Comment from: kidekat, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: April 25

I'm 48 year old female 5'8" 180lbs. My HgA1C levels have been 6.5. But now my Doctor tells me my insulin level is increased to 19.

Comment from: 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: April 01

My A1C was 6.0. I am 5'5" and weigh 200 lbs. I am 61 years old and have high cholesterol and high blood pressure.

Comment from: Rose, 65-74 Female (Patient) Published: March 29

My hemoglobin ALC A1c is 5.7. I'm 68 years old, 150 pounds and 5.3".