Patient Comments: Hemoglobin A1c Test - Results

Question:What were the results of your hemoglobin A1c test?

Comment from: angie, 65-74 Female (Patient) Published: January 27

My hemoglobin A1c is 6.3. The doctor said it should be 5.2. He said I'm eating something that is producing sugar, my glucose is 99 which is good. I can't think of what is making sugar go up in A1c. I eat fresh vegetables and protein, no dough products or white products.

Comment from: raj, 35-44 Male (Patient) Published: November 20

At time of detection of type II diabetes, it was 10.8%. Recently HbA1C is 5.7%. It means that again pre-diabetic condition has occurred.

Comment from: JenJen89, 19-24 Female (Patient) Published: November 04

I have been insulin resistant for approximately 5 years. I can't tolerate Metformin. I am 24 years old with several other health problems. I had extreme nausea and right side pain, elevated liver enzymes and enlarged liver for approximately 1 or 2 years. I have Just got results back today from the doctor saying that my A1C is 179. Pancreas is making way too much insulin and I've got to get on Metformin immediately, no carbohydrates, strict diet or pancreas and liver will shut down. I wonder if it is even possible for my A1C to be that high! My sugar levels are never high!

Comment from: sallreav, 65-74 Female (Patient) Published: April 17

The results of my hemoglobin A1c test was 6.0. I had not fasted and the blood was taken at 4 pm.

Comment from: mary, 3-6 Female (Caregiver) Published: February 16

At my annual health screening my hemoglobin A1c was 5.7.

Comment from: 35-44 Female (Patient) Published: November 07

My endocrinologist did my A1C in his office when I went to see him about my Thyroid medication. The number was 5.9. He said this is border line and that I need to keep an eye on it. I told him if he could get my TSH levels right, I would then focus on the A1C. My mother has Diabetes. I am 39 years old female, 5 foot 9 inches and gaining weight because I'm Hypothyroidic after surgery to remove my thyroid. I weigh 262 right now and have gained about 12 pounds in the last month or so.

Comment from: jrebel, Published: September 21

I was driving and suddenly felt severe pain under my right arm and when I felt I found a large lump that was very sore and it is extending pain into the right side of my neck. I had one removed from my left arm pit a few years ago.

Comment from: Vietta, 45-54 (Patient) Published: July 09

The results of my hemoglobin A1c test is 6.0 (4.8-5.6 percent), high.

Comment from: fel, 65-74 Male (Patient) Published: April 24

My hemoglobin A1c is 5.8 and estimated average glucose is 120.

Comment from: Lisa, 45-54 (Patient) Published: July 18

My doctor did a cortisol test and a hemoglobin A1C, and it came back 6.1, but it was not fasting that affects the level. I had eggs and sausage and a small piece of breakfast bread 2 hours before. I told the lab people they said it didn't matter.

Comment from: ellah, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: May 21

My hemoglobin A1c result is 6.1%.

Comment from: Ashlee, 45-54 Female (Caregiver) Published: May 07

I am 53 years old. My A1c is 5.9 and fasting glucose serum is 89. My father was diabetic and my mother is borderline like me.

Comment from: sujoh, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: December 13

The result was 5.7 after 3 months of low-carb diet and losing 20 lbs. Initial FBS (fasting blood sugar) was 118.