Patient Comments: Hemoglobin A1c Test - Results

Question:What were the results of your hemoglobin A1c test?

Comment from: sallreav, 65-74 Female (Patient) Published: April 17

The results of my hemoglobin A1c test was 6.0. I had not fasted and the blood was taken at 4 pm.

Comment from: mary, 3-6 Female (Caregiver) Published: February 16

At my annual health screening my hemoglobin A1c was 5.7.

Comment from: 35-44 Female (Patient) Published: November 07

My endocrinologist did my A1C in his office when I went to see him about my Thyroid medication. The number was 5.9. He said this is border line and that I need to keep an eye on it. I told him if he could get my TSH levels right, I would then focus on the A1C. My mother has Diabetes. I am 39 years old female, 5 foot 9 inches and gaining weight because I'm Hypothyroidic after surgery to remove my thyroid. I weigh 262 right now and have gained about 12 pounds in the last month or so.

Comment from: jrebel, Published: September 21

I was driving and suddenly felt severe pain under my right arm and when I felt I found a large lump that was very sore and it is extending pain into the right side of my neck. I had one removed from my left arm pit a few years ago.

Comment from: Vietta, 45-54 (Patient) Published: July 09

The results of my hemoglobin A1c test is 6.0 (4.8-5.6 percent), high.

Comment from: fel, 65-74 Male (Patient) Published: April 24

My hemoglobin A1c is 5.8 and estimated average glucose is 120.

Comment from: Lisa, 45-54 (Patient) Published: July 18

My doctor did a cortisol test and a hemoglobin A1C, and it came back 6.1, but it was not fasting that affects the level. I had eggs and sausage and a small piece of breakfast bread 2 hours before. I told the lab people they said it didn't matter.

Comment from: ellah, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: May 21

My hemoglobin A1c result is 6.1%.

Comment from: Ashlee, 45-54 Female (Caregiver) Published: May 07

I am 53 years old. My A1c is 5.9 and fasting glucose serum is 89. My father was diabetic and my mother is borderline like me.

Comment from: sujoh, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: December 13

The result was 5.7 after 3 months of low-carb diet and losing 20 lbs. Initial FBS (fasting blood sugar) was 118.

Comment from: golan, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: December 05

I received my blood test and the results are as follows: HbA1C 6.2 Glucose 92.

Comment from: Battleaxe, 35-44 Female (Patient) Published: December 05

My HbA1C Went from 7.6 to 6.8.

Comment from: 25-34 Female (Caregiver) Published: December 05

My HbA1c result is 6.6% and mean plasma glucose level is 157.66.

Comment from: Fat Dad, 65-74 Male (Patient) Published: July 02

There seems to be some inconsistency in the use of Metform, HgB A1c, and daily BG. I was put on Metformin last fall as my HgB A1c was 8.2 and I weighed 215 pounds. By April I was down to 175 and HgB A1c of 6.2 Not on medication anymore. So why and I reading about people here who are being put on Metformin with 5.9 HgB A1c and normal daily BG? One of my diabetic friends has an odd situation: HgB A1c is 5.9 and daily BG is an average 135 - 140. How is it possible to have a low HgB A1c with a somewhat high daily BG? I am both a patient and a caregiver.