heme iron polypeptide with folic acid-oral Index
Anemia is the condition of having less than the normal number of red blood cells or less than the normal quantity of hemoglobin...learn more »
In This Article
- Anemia facts*
- What is anemia?
- What causes anemia?
- Can inadequate iron cause anemia?
- What about acute (sudden) blood loss as a cause of anemia?
- What are other causes of anemia?
- Can anemia be hereditary?
- What are the symptoms of anemia?
- How is anemia diagnosed?
- What is a complete blood cell (CBC) count?
- How is blood collected for a complete blood cell (CBC)?
- What is the red blood cell (RBC) count?
- What is hemoglobin?
- What does a low hemoglobin level mean?
- What is the hematocrit?
- How is hematocrit determined?
- How is anemia treated?
- What are the complications of anemia?
- What is the outlook (prognosis) for anemia?
Pregnancy planning is important to help prevent exposure of the mother and fetus to potentially harmful medications and...learn more »
In This Article
Pregnancy Planning Article
- Pregnancy Planning Facts
- What is pregnancy planning and why is it important?
- What are pregnancy symptoms?
- What is a pregnancy calculator and calendar?
- Who effective are home pregnancy tests?
- How can diet and nutrition affect early pregnancy?
- How does alcohol affect pregnancy?
- How do high blood pressure and diabetes affect pregnancy?
- What are examples of commonly-used medications that are dangerous in pregnancy?
- How do kidney and heart disease affect pregnancy?
- What infections affect pregnancy?
- What inherited (genetic) diseases can play a role in pregnancy planning?
- Is it safe to exercise during pregnancy?
- Can I travel by air during pregnancy?
- Can I have intercourse during pregnancy?
- How soon after stopping birth control can I become pregnant?
- How do we maximize our chances of becoming pregnant?
- Can I do something to help my chances of conceiving a boy or a girl?