Patient Comments: Hematoma - Treatments

What type of hematoma did you experience and what was the treatment?

Comment from: 55-64 Female (Caregiver) Published: March 03

My husband was operated on March 28, 2009 and has since been back to see the renowned surgeon more than once with a stomach Hematoma that has not gone away. Since this very simple hernia procedure my husband of 22 years has not been the same. He is completely different to me and our family, symptoms of Bi-Polar (which he never had). I even had him checked out at a Psychiatry facility and they sent him home the same day.

Comment from: molly, 45-54 Female Published: April 05

I fell going up my front steps and hit my shin just below my knee on my cement stairs. My leg is so black and blue and I have a very big lump just below the knee that hasn't gone away. It has been a week since I fell, and the second day I did have ex-rays done, they said nothing broken. My worry is this hematoma under the knee, should I be concern. My leg still has pain in different places and the bruising has gone down my whole leg, right to my foot.

Hematoma - Experience Question: Please describe your experience with hematoma.
Hematoma - Symptoms Question: What were the symptoms of your hematoma?
Hematoma - Diagnosis Question: How was your hematoma diagnosed?