Patient Comments: Hematoma - Treatments

What type of hematoma did you experience and what was the treatment?

Comment from: steve b, 55-64 Male (Patient) Published: March 16

I am experiencing a hematoma surrounding one of my testicles. At the moment it is the size of a flattened golf ball. There is not much pain associated with the growth but mostly a feeling of discomfort. I have taken antibiotics but they had no effect. It is a little worrying as I can feel it growing. The other testicle has now been pushed way to the front of the sac. I return to the hospital in 1 week to see a doctor after having a cat scan 2 weeks ago.

Comment from: sissy, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: July 06

I am a 61 year old woman who had a face lift 4 weeks ago. I was healing nicely when I happened to pull an internal stitch while yawning days later a hematoma formed on my cheek. I am to ice and massage. I hope it goes down. I look like I have a jawbreaker in my cheek.

Comment from: Worried in WA, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: June 28

I went to have a breast biopsy, and during the procedure the doctor nicked a large blood vessel. It bled into my breast, causing a hematoma that is about the size of a tangerine. The doctor said it might take up to 6 months to heal, then sent me on my way. It is painful, itches, and that breast is noticeably larger because of the swelling. I don't know what to do. I can't afford to go to another doctor. I fell and got a hematoma on my right buttock about 4 years ago, and the pocket of blood never dissipated and is still painful. Insofar as my breast is concerned, I'm worried about infection, as well as future mammograms. I'm afraid I'll always have pain and be lopsided.

Comment from: pleasebethere, 55-64 Female Published: June 08

While having blood drawn in my arm, I experienced a painful stick. Immediately it became almost impossible to use my arm. No improvement over 5 days. Have iced it. Lots of bruising.

Comment from: worried hairdresser, 25-34 Male (Patient) Published: June 01

I have a large hematoma due to a falling down a marble step on holiday, it has bruised all over my back and down my leg and down my bottom, the lump is quite large, I have found Arnaka cream and pills to help really well, the bruise is now 9 days on changing to brown and yellow, the lump is still there been passed around from doctor to doctor, and now need to go and see somebody higher to find out if it needs to be drained. I am still a bit worried to how it will be later in life.

Comment from: Want it over!, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: May 21

April 27 of this year I had a lump removed from my breast (Infected milk duct) which I have never heard of from someone that has never breast feed or had a baby in 20 years! When I went in for my 2 week check up I had another lump which I thought was the same as what was removed, but it was a hematoma so now I go May 25th to have it removed. He said he would open the scar up and go that way. When the nurse called today she said he would just numb it. I really hope that's not all he's going to do. He had better knock me out!

Comment from: Sharone, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: May 17

I received a hematoma on my right cheekbone when I fell on my face in New York a little over a week ago. My right cheekbone is still quite swollen. I went to the hospital and had a CAT scan and nothing is broken.

Comment from: NHEALING, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: April 06

I had a large lymphoma removed from my upper thigh and had bleeding after surgery was completed. I am now left with a lump (hematoma) essentially the same size as the removed lymphoma. This lump is 3 1/2" wide by 5" long and protrudes from my leg about 1 1/2".

Comment from: joe k., 55-64 Male (Patient) Published: March 23

I fell down and have a hematoma the size of a football on my thigh. The injury occurred eight weeks ago the dr. has cut it open to drain twice now but the incision closes and the pain and swelling continues. I'm on crutches most of the time because of the pain and swelling make it hard to get about.

Hematoma - Experience Question: Please describe your experience with hematoma.
Hematoma - Symptoms Question: What were the symptoms of your hematoma?
Hematoma - Diagnosis Question: How was your hematoma diagnosed?