Patient Comments: Hematoma - Symptoms

What were the symptoms of your hematoma?

Comment from: Ga2615, 65-74 Male (Patient) Published: March 13

Last week, while giving platelets at the Red Cross, the needle came partially out of the vein. It was out for some time before I felt a lot of pain. When it was checked, I had a large hematoma, about the size of a baseball by my elbow and the fluid had filled all the way up to my arm pit. I put heat on it the first day and elevated the arm. The second day I used a heat pad several times. Today it is still very sore and swollen and a dark purple from my bicep to my forearm.

Comment from: cxstich22, 75 or over Female (Patient) Published: December 30

After falling on cement on my forehead in my garage, I've been having bad headaches and ringing in my ears. I've been taking pain pills.

Comment from: Noun, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: June 14

My hematoma started after I had several treatment sessions to get rid of cellulite and water retention. The pain started in my upper and lower legs. I wasn't able to drive for a long time or bend down to pick something up or move my legs. Sometimes, it was hard to walk in the morning. I had an ultrasound and the doctor said I didn't have any varices, but he did find a hematoma in my upper leg. He asked me if I had an injury or if I had been in a car accident. I had a bad motorcycle accident many years ago but I have fallen on the stairs twice recently. I wish they could do something about the pain in my muscles.

Hematoma - Treatments Question: What type of hematoma did you experience and what was the treatment?
Hematoma - Experience Question: Please describe your experience with hematoma.
Hematoma - Diagnosis Question: How was your hematoma diagnosed?