Table of Contents
What is a normal hematocrit?
The normal ranges for hematocrit are depend on the age and, after adolescence, the sex of the individual. The normal ranges are:
- Newborns: 55% to 68%
- One (1) week of age: 47% to 65%
- One (1) month of age: 37% to 49%
- Three (3) months of age: 30% to 36%
- One (1) year of age: 29% to 41%
- Ten (10) years of age: 36% to 40%
- Adult males: 42% to 54%
- Adult women: 38% to 46%
These values may vary slightly among different laboratories. Continue Reading
Braunwald, Eugene, et al. Harrisons's Principles of Internal Medicine. 17th ed. McGraw-Hill, 2008.
1. Getty Images
2. Getty Images
Subscribe to MedicineNet's Newsletters
Get the latest health and medical information delivered direct to your inbox!