Patient Comments: Helicobacter Pylori - Treatments

What was the treatment for your Helicobacter Pylori?

Comment from: Rufus 1971, 35-44 Female (Patient) Published: December 08

I was tested for Helicobacter pylori 4 months ago having had symptoms for a year. I was treated by my doctor with the same medications as you guys. I was in so much pain I decided to look into herbal remedies and came across manuka honey treatment for H. pylori. I have been using a teaspoon in hot water for the past week and have found great relief. I cannot believe it; no more omeprazole. I was taking 60 mg a day. Please read up on this and I hope you get the results I have.

Comment from: Pegontheroad, 75 or over Female (Patient) Published: August 20

This is driving me crazy, I have been diagnosed and treated for Helicobacter pylori for 4 times in the last 10 months. The first three times I took the Prevpac treatment for 14 days. The fourth time, a physician's assistant (PA) in my primary care doctor's office prescribed 2 ciprofloxacin for 10 days. That didn't seem to work, and since I had an appointment with my gastroenterologist's PA, I talked to her about it. She gave me a 10 day supply of Pylera, which I finished 3 days ago. I don't think it did the job, as my stomach feels bloated again, which is always the signal for me that I still have H. pylori. I'm going to wait for another week to see my primary care doctor and ask for a referral to a different gastroenterologist.

Comment from: Natural health, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: March 18

I have Helicobacter pylori. I was very sick off and on for years. Because I am very healthy and haven"t used antibiotics in years I am taking them. But I am a natural health practitioner and will be also using probiotics, mastic gum and allied natural health tablets made from concentrated allicin found in garlic. DGL (natural licorice) and enzymes.

Comment from: Jodi, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: March 13

I started having colonoscopies about 7 years ago, due to a family history of bowel cancer. I've never graduated past the 2 year event! Then it was decided I should have routine endoscopies as well. In August of 2013 I was diagnosed with the rarest form of helicobacter pylori. No one knew what to do with me, so they treated me for helicobacter pylori. So I started with the HP-Pac. I went back for another endoscopy. Before my results, I started bleeding when trying to have a bowel movement and ended up in emergency. Two days later I had an emergency surgery. One, I have a prolapsed bowel, and now diagnosed positive with helicobacter pylori. So now I'm taking tetracycline, metronidazole, Teva-Rabeprazole and Pepto-Bismol! I never had any symptoms sure do now! I'm so much more bloated since I've started my second treatment. My back hurts, I'm so very tired, and just plumb feeling so not attractive! I have an appointment in June for the breath test. Wow, it was great to read all of your stories. I'm not alone! Take care all!

Comment from: socatlady, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: January 27

I had terrible pain in August 2008 and they did not know what was causing the pain in my stomach. Then from September to October I lost 25 pounds without trying to do so. Finally, went to see a gastroenterologist and had an endoscopy, biopsies showed helicobacter pylori infection. Two weeks treatment of two strong antibiotics plus the Prilosec, they call it dose pack, cured it then. I stopped losing weight and stopped having pain. There is help out there, go to a gastroenterologist, they know about this particular bacteria and how to treat it. I recently was diagnosed again in November, same treatment, but now they have a breath test to make sure that it has been cleared up. If you don't get it treated you may suffer in pain, and eventually it could lead to the development of ulcers in your stomach. This bacteria causes ulcers, which was discovered by some doctor in Australia in the 1990's I think, not stress.

Comment from: Marcita, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: December 29

I am looking for manuka honey for Helicobacter pylori.

Comment from: Debbie, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: November 06

I have just been diagnosed with Helicobacter pylori myself. The first time it all started I had it in my mind it was some kind of parasite, but had no idea how I could have got them. After going to the emergency room (ER), urgent care, family doctor, and several other hospitals, I finally went to the right doctor and he found my problem. I am just thankful he found it so it can be treated now. I went to a dermatologist and they ruled out parasites. I started feeling extremely tired, had lesions that came on my arms, legs and caused itching so severe, and my facial skin tone changed to where it looked like something was under my skin on my face. I even have white spirals under my skin that I still yet need to ask my doctor when I go back to see him the 6th of Nov, if this is what is causing my skin to change. I was given 2 types antibiotics and Prevacid also, and I seem to be getting more energy back and feeling much better. This can truly make a person feel like they are dying. My stomach hurt so badly but I stayed constipated all the time. I felt like I wanted to vomit almost every single day for the last 2 years. Up until a week ago I went to a gastroenterologist who he did an endoscopy and colonoscopy and found the H. pylori. It showed my stomach photos and were pure yellow. I was devastated as to what this bacteria was, so here I am still trying to find out how dangerous it can be, and what do to cure it. I read it can cause ulcers and 10 percent that have this can turn into cancer. I still want to do a lot of research and this site has really helped me more than any other I have seen so far. Good luck to all you that have this and I hope we all can be cured from this bacteria.

Helicobacter Pylori - Diagnosis Question: How was the diagnosis of your helicobacter pylori established?
Helicobacter Pylori - Symptoms Question: What were your symptoms of H. pylori?
Helicobacter Pylori - Experience Question: Please share your experience with H. pylori infection.