Patient Comments: Helicobacter Pylori - Treatments

What was the treatment for your Helicobacter Pylori?

Comment from: Natural health, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: March 18

I have Helicobacter pylori. I was very sick off and on for years. Because I am very healthy and haven"t used antibiotics in years I am taking them. But I am a natural health practitioner and will be also using probiotics, mastic gum and allied natural health tablets made from concentrated allicin found in garlic. DGL (natural licorice) and enzymes.

Comment from: Jodi, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: March 13

I started having colonoscopies about 7 years ago, due to a family history of bowel cancer. I've never graduated past the 2 year event! Then it was decided I should have routine endoscopies as well. In August of 2013 I was diagnosed with the rarest form of helicobacter pylori. No one knew what to do with me, so they treated me for helicobacter pylori. So I started with the HP-Pac. I went back for another endoscopy. Before my results, I started bleeding when trying to have a bowel movement and ended up in emergency. Two days later I had an emergency surgery. One, I have a prolapsed bowel, and now diagnosed positive with helicobacter pylori. So now I'm taking tetracycline, metronidazole, Teva-Rabeprazole and Pepto-Bismol! I never had any symptoms sure do now! I'm so much more bloated since I've started my second treatment. My back hurts, I'm so very tired, and just plumb feeling so not attractive! I have an appointment in June for the breath test. Wow, it was great to read all of your stories. I'm not alone! Take care all!

Comment from: socatlady, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: January 27

I had terrible pain in August 2008 and they did not know what was causing the pain in my stomach. Then from September to October I lost 25 pounds without trying to do so. Finally, went to see a gastroenterologist and had an endoscopy, biopsies showed helicobacter pylori infection. Two weeks treatment of two strong antibiotics plus the Prilosec, they call it dose pack, cured it then. I stopped losing weight and stopped having pain. There is help out there, go to a gastroenterologist, they know about this particular bacteria and how to treat it. I recently was diagnosed again in November, same treatment, but now they have a breath test to make sure that it has been cleared up. If you don't get it treated you may suffer in pain, and eventually it could lead to the development of ulcers in your stomach. This bacteria causes ulcers, which was discovered by some doctor in Australia in the 1990's I think, not stress.

Comment from: mimisayhi, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: January 14

I got sick in late November 2013 and started losing weight (30 lbs so far without trying). I went to my family doctor who sent me home with "stomach virus, you'll be better in a few days." I was so sick over Christmas with the stomach problems and New Year's too. I went to an Urgency Center where they did blood test and said it was positive for helicobacter pylori. They put me on a regimen of antibiotics, started with amoxicillin and rabeprazole DR 20 mg for 5 days then started clarithromycin for 5 days with this other awful drug called tinidazole, which sent me to the emergency room. The symptoms and side effects I'm having are shakiness, stomach pain and nausea, weakness, terrible gas and belching, depression and anxiety to the maximum. Every trip to the emergency room and doctors they have taken numerous blood tests, done an EKG, CT scan, endoscopy all normal except the one blood test for H pylori which was positive. I don't think the medical profession understands this condition at all; they need to hospitalize patients going through the treatments of numerous drugs that get you so sick on top of being sick already. I'm so frustrated, angry, depressed and anxious, and beginning to feel like I'm losing my mind.

Comment from: SurprisedAtHPylori, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: January 09

I was having numerous symptoms that started back in 1998. I was diagnosed with depression, hypertension, Bell's palsy, allergies, IBS (irritable bowel syndrome) and anything that related to the individual symptom. I even had an embarrassing odor not from the vagina but the anus. I was treated for vaginitis. I had my gallbladder removed because it died. I had my ovaries removed because they were full of cysts. I was always bloated. My back hurt. My eyes itched. My face was splotchy. My primary physician decided to order an endoscopy as a part of my annual exam. Helicobacter pylori was found. I began a simple course of amoxcillin and omeprazole while she consulted the gastroenterologist. Now I am on metronidazole, doxycycline, omeprazole and bismuth for 14 days. Within 24 hours of beginning my treatment my symptoms began to reduce. My back does not hurt, my eyes have stopped itching, my face is clearing up and my bloating is subsiding, the curious odor has disappeared and life is wonderful. I look forward to hearing that the bad germs are gone from my body.

Helicobacter Pylori - Diagnosis Question: How was the diagnosis of your helicobacter pylori established?