Patient Comments: Helicobacter Pylori - Treatments

What was the treatment for your Helicobacter Pylori?

Comment from: perfectblueskies, (Patient) Published: December 27

I just have been healed of Helicobacter pylori naturally. I couldn't handle antibiotics on such a sick stomach, doctors didn't provide alternatives, so I did a ton of research and was successful! So here is my regimen: DGL (deglycyrrhizinated licorice root extract) tablets before meals, and 750 mg of Mastic gum in the morning and evening (a capsule and a half; and I hate swallowing pills so I just poured the powder into applesauce). The Mastic gum is what really made me bounce back and feel somewhat normal again. This is the real powerhouse that rids the body of bacteria. It didn't hurt my stomach either! Kefir (I bought mine from Walmart, tried to have it once a day. Do not mix with Mastic gum, as the dairy could conflict). I tried to consume a spoonful of coconut oil daily as well, to kill off bacteria. For food, I limited carbs and sugar to as little as possible. This starves the bacteria. I ate proteins and vegetables. Good luck to you!

Comment from: Rufus 1971, 35-44 Female (Patient) Published: December 08

I was tested for Helicobacter pylori 4 months ago having had symptoms for a year. I was treated by my doctor with the same medications as you guys. I was in so much pain I decided to look into herbal remedies and came across manuka honey treatment for H. pylori. I have been using a teaspoon in hot water for the past week and have found great relief. I cannot believe it; no more omeprazole. I was taking 60 mg a day. Please read up on this and I hope you get the results I have.

Comment from: Pegontheroad, 75 or over Female (Patient) Published: August 20

This is driving me crazy, I have been diagnosed and treated for Helicobacter pylori for 4 times in the last 10 months. The first three times I took the Prevpac treatment for 14 days. The fourth time, a physician's assistant (PA) in my primary care doctor's office prescribed 2 ciprofloxacin for 10 days. That didn't seem to work, and since I had an appointment with my gastroenterologist's PA, I talked to her about it. She gave me a 10 day supply of Pylera, which I finished 3 days ago. I don't think it did the job, as my stomach feels bloated again, which is always the signal for me that I still have H. pylori. I'm going to wait for another week to see my primary care doctor and ask for a referral to a different gastroenterologist.

Comment from: Natural health, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: March 18

I have Helicobacter pylori. I was very sick off and on for years. Because I am very healthy and haven"t used antibiotics in years I am taking them. But I am a natural health practitioner and will be also using probiotics, mastic gum and allied natural health tablets made from concentrated allicin found in garlic. DGL (natural licorice) and enzymes.

Comment from: Jodi, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: March 13

I started having colonoscopies about 7 years ago, due to a family history of bowel cancer. I've never graduated past the 2 year event! Then it was decided I should have routine endoscopies as well. In August of 2013 I was diagnosed with the rarest form of helicobacter pylori. No one knew what to do with me, so they treated me for helicobacter pylori. So I started with the HP-Pac. I went back for another endoscopy. Before my results, I started bleeding when trying to have a bowel movement and ended up in emergency. Two days later I had an emergency surgery. One, I have a prolapsed bowel, and now diagnosed positive with helicobacter pylori. So now I'm taking tetracycline, metronidazole, Teva-Rabeprazole and Pepto-Bismol! I never had any symptoms� sure do now! I'm so much more bloated since I've started my second treatment. My back hurts, I'm so very tired, and just plumb feeling so not attractive! I have an appointment in June for the breath test. Wow, it was great to read all of your stories. I'm not alone! Take care all!

Helicobacter Pylori - Diagnosis Question: How was the diagnosis of your helicobacter pylori established?
Helicobacter Pylori - Symptoms Question: What were your symptoms of H. pylori?
Helicobacter Pylori - Experience Question: What�s your biggest challenge with living with H. pylori infection?
H. pylori - Life Change Question: What changes have you had to make to your routine since being diagnosed with H. pylori?