Patient Comments: Helicobacter Pylori - Treatments

What was the treatment for your Helicobacter Pylori?

Comment from: Debbie, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: November 06

I have just been diagnosed with Helicobacter pylori myself. The first time it all started I had it in my mind it was some kind of parasite, but had no idea how I could have got them. After going to the emergency room (ER), urgent care, family doctor, and several other hospitals, I finally went to the right doctor and he found my problem. I am just thankful he found it so it can be treated now. I went to a dermatologist and they ruled out parasites. I started feeling extremely tired, had lesions that came on my arms, legs and caused itching so severe, and my facial skin tone changed to where it looked like something was under my skin on my face. I even have white spirals under my skin that I still yet need to ask my doctor when I go back to see him the 6th of Nov, if this is what is causing my skin to change. I was given 2 types antibiotics and Prevacid also, and I seem to be getting more energy back and feeling much better. This can truly make a person feel like they are dying. My stomach hurt so badly but I stayed constipated all the time. I felt like I wanted to vomit almost every single day for the last 2 years. Up until a week ago I went to a gastroenterologist who he did an endoscopy and colonoscopy and found the H. pylori. It showed my stomach photos and were pure yellow. I was devastated as to what this bacteria was, so here I am still trying to find out how dangerous it can be, and what do to cure it. I read it can cause ulcers and 10 percent that have this can turn into cancer. I still want to do a lot of research and this site has really helped me more than any other I have seen so far. Good luck to all you that have this and I hope we all can be cured from this bacteria.

Comment from: Theresa, 55-64 Female (Caregiver) Published: February 26

My sister who is 67 years old was diagnosed with Helicobacter pylori. Getting a diagnosis has not been easy. She suffered from symptoms for years and six months ago she decided to change her attending physicians. Her symptoms first were very deceiving. Symptoms which were taken for normal heartburn, upset stomach, and diarrhea. As time passed the symptoms became worse. She lost the ability to eat normally. I even suspected she might have had an eating disorder. I am relieved to finally have a diagnosis and hope she is on a road of recovery. She was prescribed 2 antibiotics along with omeprazole. A word of advice. If you suffer of above symptoms, please do yourself a favor and get tested for the pylori bacteria.

Comment from: Breezy28, 19-24 Female (Patient) Published: June 12

I have recently been diagnosed with Helicobacter pylori bacteria, and it's awful. The pain under my ribs is sometimes unbearable and I can't eat anything or keep any medicine down without puking it all right back up. The doctors I've been to don't seem too concerned, and it's starting to really bother me; I'm in pain. I'm sick, and it feels like no doctor cares. I'm on the antibiotics and the acid reducer, but nothing. They scheduled me to have an endoscopy in December! It's June, I'm sick now... I can't stay like this until December. Just ridiculous. I need help, advice. Anything.

Comment from: Mooncancer, 35-44 Male (Patient) Published: April 14

I just started my treatment for Helicobacter pylori. I am on 3000 mg of antibiotic and two types of antacids. The pain is still there but what if the infection does not go away!

Comment from: SurprisedAtHPylori, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: January 09

I was having numerous symptoms that started back in 1998. I was diagnosed with depression, hypertension, Bell's palsy, allergies, IBS (irritable bowel syndrome) and anything that related to the individual symptom. I even had an embarrassing odor not from the vagina but the anus. I was treated for vaginitis. I had my gallbladder removed because it died. I had my ovaries removed because they were full of cysts. I was always bloated. My back hurt. My eyes itched. My face was splotchy. My primary physician decided to order an endoscopy as a part of my annual exam. Helicobacter pylori was found. I began a simple course of amoxcillin and omeprazole while she consulted the gastroenterologist. Now I am on metronidazole, doxycycline, omeprazole and bismuth for 14 days. Within 24 hours of beginning my treatment my symptoms began to reduce. My back does not hurt, my eyes have stopped itching, my face is clearing up and my bloating is subsiding, the curious odor has disappeared and life is wonderful. I look forward to hearing that the bad germs are gone from my body.

Comment from: Bonnie, 65-74 Female (Patient) Published: November 20

I had H. pylori in 2005 probably for 10 years undiagnosed. Got a positive in 2005 and immediately went on mastic gum. I got an all clear blood test after 3 months on the mastic. I took it with probiotics and enzymes. I have continued to improve my health through these years but have had to put certain foods aside that I can no longer tolerate. The detox with mastic was hard the first week due to the die off from the parasite. But taking a 20 minute bath got me back to sleep in the middle of the night, took the pain away and really helped me through it. I used raw thyme powder to help. A quarter teaspoon with meals instantly relieved pain from the infected ulcer in my gut. Keeping my body alkaline has helped. I watched my father die of this disease and my older brother harbors it. Antibiotics is a dangerous game of hide and seek.

Helicobacter Pylori - Diagnosis Question: How was the diagnosis of your helicobacter pylori established?
Helicobacter Pylori - Symptoms Question: What were your symptoms of H. pylori?
Helicobacter Pylori - Experience Question: Please share your experience with H. pylori infection.