Patient Comments: Helicobacter Pylori - Treatments

What was the treatment for your Helicobacter Pylori?

Comment from: Mooncancer, 35-44 Male (Patient) Published: April 14

I just started my treatment for Helicobacter pylori. I am on 3000 mg of antibiotic and two types of antacids. The pain is still there but what if the infection does not go away!

Comment from: lisa, 45-54 (Patient) Published: April 11

I had a breath test for H pylori. After using HP-Pac for one week, breath test was negative, no signs of H pylori but pain got worse after 2 weeks. I had endoscopy and they found out the bacteria got stronger than before. So never trust the breath test.

Comment from: Mandy, 35-44 Female (Patient) Published: February 26

I had helicobacter pylori four years ago and didn"t finish the antibiotics as I was so ill. I now have it again but have to send for test away to confirm.

Comment from: Bonnie, 65-74 Female (Patient) Published: November 20

I had H. pylori in 2005 probably for 10 years undiagnosed. Got a positive in 2005 and immediately went on mastic gum. I got an all clear blood test after 3 months on the mastic. I took it with probiotics and enzymes. I have continued to improve my health through these years but have had to put certain foods aside that I can no longer tolerate. The detox with mastic was hard the first week due to the die off from the parasite. But taking a 20 minute bath got me back to sleep in the middle of the night, took the pain away and really helped me through it. I used raw thyme powder to help. A quarter teaspoon with meals instantly relieved pain from the infected ulcer in my gut. Keeping my body alkaline has helped. I watched my father die of this disease and my older brother harbors it. Antibiotics is a dangerous game of hide and seek.

Comment from: Blank, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: August 08

I had severe pain in my stomach that started in 2008 at the end of August. I saw a doctor, who performed a CT scan, which was normal. Then my OB/GYN said everything was normal. Then I finally realized I had to see a gastroenterologist. I had an endoscopy, which revealed inflammation of my stomach lining. Biopsies came back positive for H. pylori. This was the end of October. There is nothing more frustrating than having a pain in your stomach and not knowing what was causing it! Oh, and also, I lost 25 pounds in a month without dieting. I felt worse at night; the pain would really hit me hard at night. I felt nausea in the morning so I didn't eat till lunch. I never actually had nausea, just felt like it. Two weeks of Prevpac, two strong antibiotics, and something like Prilosec cured me. Then I had a major yeast infection -- first one I ever had -- but I had to get rid of the H. pylori. The yeast after the antibiotics was a side effect I had to tolerate and treat as well. My gastroenterologist says I will always have it in my blood work; it will show positive even though I don't have the infection anymore. If I suspect an infection at any future date, I should get a stool sample. The loss of 25 pounds was nice, but it was a very painful way to get there. I also had a low-grade fever of 99 degrees give or take and felt very week at times. Sometimes food helped, sometimes it didn't. The symptoms were hard to describe other than pain. The doctor said if it would have gone untreated I would have developed an ulcer. H. pylori is the bacterium that causes ulcers.

Comment from: Hurting, 35-44 Female (Patient) Published: June 04

If you are not opposed to marijuana, it will help take the pain away, it also helps to pass whatever is in the bowel immediately. It is the only thing I have found to get through the day. Medications have never helped. I have recurring H.Pylori. After my C-section, mass amounts of antibiotics, I was great for 10 months and then it set in again. I'm not trying to promote marijuana, but it does help take the pain away immediately. I am going to try that Gum herb you spoke of to see how that works, because the marijuana doesn't get rid of the H.Pylori.

Comment from: Lilminks, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: April 17

I took Keflex for 30 days, which seemed to have resolved the problem, and then it came back again. I took another 30 days of Keflex and I have not had any problems for almost nine years now. However, I am currently dealing with functional dyspepsia; I have hypothyroidism, and chronic pain syndrome. Next, I will be tested for gastric emptying. I was being tested for colon polyps when diagnosed with the functional dyspepsia.

Helicobacter Pylori - Diagnosis Question: How was the diagnosis of your helicobacter pylori established?