Patient Comments: Helicobacter Pylori - Diagnosis

How was the diagnosis of your helicobacter pylori established?

Published: July 16

For months & months, I had chronic constipation associated with severe pain, headaches, trouble swallowing, stomach pain or ache. I did not have heartburn, indigestion, or ulcers. Symptoms then progressed to experiencing feeling full after a few bites of food, excessive burping, nausea and actually getting sick almost daily for about 3 - 4 hours late evening, in the middle of the night, and sometimes during the day. Odd, I also could feel or taste a "musty, stale like ice cube/water feeling in my throat. It did not matter what I ate or drank. I finally asked my doctor for a colonoscopy and after the interview she thought I needed the endoscopy too. That found it.

Published: July 09

I went for an allergic test and I was told I had pylori bacteria. I suffer from constant heartburns and severe chronic back pain. Are these symptoms related to the bacteria?

Published: June 24

It was diagnosed by blood test. I felt a lot of pain in my chest and through my back. I felt it more at night than during the day, however when I had the pain it night I would still feel the pain in my back and chest during the day, but for sure not like I would at night. I took Tums and Tylenol for discomfort which seemed to help some. I am now stilling my treatment of 3 antibiotics.

Published: June 18

Through EIA IgG antibody testing.

Comment from: Ivan Bellard, 45-54 Male (Patient) Published: October 15

I had a pain in my stomach for several months but it was not frequently. Then I decided to see a doctor and he performed an endoscopy on me and found that I had H. Pylori by a biopsy. I'm still on medication of three kind of antibiotic such as amoxicillin, omeprazole and clarithromycin. I'm on my way to finish it and hope it will be eradicated.

Comment from: mamaturtled2005, 65-74 Female (Patient) Published: October 15

I had an endoscopic and colonoscopy procedure. Found out I have Helicobacter Pylori. Have to wait 3 weeks to see a doctor. I find this a little disturbing. I also picked up my reports and pictures of procedures, due to the fact he will not have them there when I see him.

Published: October 15

Has there been any research done to determine if H Pylori is hereditary? My boy's father has had several bouts with H Pylori, the most recent having half of his stomach removed, and I would like to know if I should be taking extra special precautions with his two teenage sons.

Comment from: stiti sofiane, 35-44 Female (Caregiver) Published: September 17

My cousin's been hospitalized for stomachic problems: he couldn't keep food or water because he vomited everything he swallowed. He has done some tests (scanner, fiberscopy and biopsy) that reveal the presence of H. bacter in the inner lining of his stomach with atrophic chronic gastritis and bowl metaplasia. Now he's waiting for the doctor to fix the date of the operation (stomach excision).

Comment from: amanda, 19-24 Female (Patient) Published: September 12

I'm just out of the hospital too I was in for 5 nights and suffered for the past two years with really bad hiccups, burping being sick at least once a week and an odd sore stomach until ten days ago when I could not stop being sick and the pain was unbearable I thought someone was stabbing me, I got a lot of tests done and it showed nothing. I got the camera down my throat and again nothing it was not until the 4th blood test till they realized that I had h. pylori. I'm now on triple therapy and feel great for the first time in ages!

Helicobacter Pylori - Treatments Question: What was the treatment for your Helicobacter Pylori?