Patient Comments: Helicobacter Pylori - Diagnosis

How was the diagnosis of your helicobacter pylori established?

Comment from: Nede, 35-44 Female (Patient) Published: September 02

I was hospitalized two consecutive Sundays. I've gone through some lab tests, but all the results are negative. Everyone says that is only hypertension, even my doctors. I decided to go to the hospital again to undergo an ultrasound, but the doctor said it is better to get a blood sample for H-Pylori. After an hour, I got the result and it was positive. So the doctor gave me three kinds of antibiotics: amoxicillin, clarithromycin and omeprazole. I'm still taking my medicine. I hope and pray that after a month my H-Pylori will be negative.

Comment from: 19-24 Female (Patient) Published: August 04

One day I woke up earlier than normal with a gnawing pain in my stomach. I started to vomit that morning and then didn't stop until that night. The next day I was fine I ate and then I went to bed and when I woke up in the morning that gnawing pain was back. I was vomiting the whole day I couldn't hold down water or food, so I went to the emergency room and after many tests they admitted me into the hospital, but still did not know what was wrong. I was on I.V.s for seven days I vomited non stop almost through out those seven days and then got sent to a specialist and they finally found out that it was h-pylori. But my father also has it and he found out because he was having horrible chest pain's he said that it felt like a heart attack our doctor's told us it was hereditary but I have also been told that it's not. A cousin of mine has it too however. If you are having the chest pains there is a medicine that may help you it's called a G.I. cocktail, or gastrointestinal cocktail it's liquid and my father says it helps dramatically with the chest pains.

Published: July 30

I suffer for 3 long months with stomach pain. Went to my doctor several times, but my symptoms kept getting worse until finally I asked him to have an endoscopy done on me. I lost tons of weights because I couldn't keep any food in my stomach. With the biopsy they found out that I had the bacteria. I was on antibiotics for 14 days taking about 3 thousand milligrams a day. It was terrible. I guess my infection was way too big. I still suffer some stomach pain, but I'm not sure if it is related to the bacteria. I think the bacteria still there

Published: July 30

I just took a blood test for this. I never heard of it until yesterday. I was originally on medicine for indigestion. Last week this indigestion got bad to the point nothing helped anymore. So my doctor did a blood test yesterday. I've been excessively burping, feeling like I have indigestion, severe headaches, sometimes some pain or discomfort in my chest, and pain in my stomach usually after eating. After I eat I burp a few times then vomit a tiny bit. I don't know if I have it yet, but I just read that it's contagious. So my husband and kids probably have it as well. Does anyone know if it is contagious or how it's passed?

Comment from: Jones, 35-44 (Patient) Published: March 19

My son was diagnosed with helicobacter pylori, so his doctor suggested our entire family be tested. I also tested positive for H. pylori and also am taking the 3 antibiotics.

Comment from: Jellybean, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: March 11

I have just been diagnosed today and the last year and a half whenever I drink alcohol the next day I am violently ill. I am vomiting uncontrollably with hot flushes and headaches.

Comment from: jamie, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: October 24

I was diagnosed with helicobacter pylori from my yearly blood work, I had no symptoms. I am currently on medication.

Comment from: helen, 35-44 Female (Patient) Published: August 20

For few mornings, I was waking up with stomachache, which lasted for few minutes. The pain felt like stomach spasms/contractions. During the day, I also felt pain and only reduced with drinking herbal tea or eating something light. I visited my doctor, and she gave me the breath test, which was positive for h. pylori.

Helicobacter Pylori - Treatments Question: What was the treatment for your Helicobacter Pylori?
Helicobacter Pylori - Symptoms Question: What were your symptoms of H. pylori?
Helicobacter Pylori - Experience Question: What’s your biggest challenge with living with H. pylori infection?
H. pylori - Life Change Question: What changes have you had to make to your routine since being diagnosed with H. pylori?