Patient Comments: Helicobacter Pylori - Diagnosis

How was the diagnosis of your helicobacter pylori established?

Comment from: jamie, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: October 24

I was diagnosed with helicobacter pylori from my yearly blood work, I had no symptoms. I am currently on medication.

Comment from: helen, 35-44 Female (Patient) Published: August 20

For few mornings, I was waking up with stomachache, which lasted for few minutes. The pain felt like stomach spasms/contractions. During the day, I also felt pain and only reduced with drinking herbal tea or eating something light. I visited my doctor, and she gave me the breath test, which was positive for h. pylori.

Comment from: julie, 35-44 Female (Patient) Published: July 17

Ive had pain for a long time it been almost a year.. Ive gone to the e.r. 12 times already becouse of the paine and my cheast hurting and beating really fast had test done and no one could tell me what was wronge and there was a couple of time the said nothing like it in my head no no I know that there was something wronge with me I went to my the reg. dr.I told her that there something needs to be done im over 30 but still younger and there is no need for me to be feeling like this and she said that he was going to do some blood work and ultra sound.. well just found out today that ultra sound came out good but my blood work didnt came out pos. for h pylori have dr. app. tomorrow to get the meds that i need to be on im a little scared but i hope that they can cure his so I can feel good again..

Comment from: 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: September 12

H.Pylori was found by blood test after I presented with ulcer type symptoms. It was confirmed by endoscopic biopsy and I started on eradication therapy.

Comment from: cwgrlk8, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: September 02

I had severe pain in the left upper quadrant of my abdomen for more than seven months, which warranted multiple doctor visits and several visits to the emergency room. Finally, I had a colonoscopy and an endoscopic examination. There was wide evidence of a severe H. Pyloric infection. It appeared as white patches.

Comment from: RosaD, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: September 02

I was suffering off and on for several years with stomach pains. Then it got worse, and I couldn't eat anything at all, and even drinking fluids was getting to be a problem. Every time I went to a doctor or emergency room, they would say I have a gall bladder problem, give me some pills and send me on my way. Tired of all that and not getting better, I went to a clinic run by a nurse practitioner. I described all my symptoms to her and she said she thought she knew what it was. She drew a blood sample from me and told me when to come back. Imagine my surprise when she said it was H. Pylori. I have never even heard of that before. But I was happy that finally someone knew what was wrong with me. She prescribed the treatment for me and I can tell you that within three days of starting treatment, I felt 100% better. I finished the full course of medicine and have never been bothered by it again. My adult son is in the hospital with stomach pains, and I told him to get checked for the bacteria because he exhibits all the same symptoms that I had.

Comment from: 19-24 Female (Patient) Published: August 14

I was suffering for six months with stomach pain and aches. I had diarrhea just about everyday maybe more. I had heart burn, especially when I would lie down. My stomach always seemed swollen and inflamed. I also had these random hiccups, usually one every hour. I got a blood test and my doctor said it was borderline high for h pylori. She ordered another blood test and I guess it was high so she decided to treat.

Comment from: 35-44 Female (Patient) Published: August 12

I had really bad stomach pains. I was admitted to the hospital with suspected appendicitis. Numerous tests were done including lung scans and a heart ECG as I was having trouble breathing and chest pains. When I was allowed back home, I went back to see my general doctor who suggested a blood test to look for the H-Pylori bug. It was detected, and I was given a course of antibiotics: amoxicillin, and clarithromycin. After taking these for a week, I had another blood test done. This showed that the H-Pylori bug was still there. My doctor said that as antibiotics had not gotten rid of it, there was nothing more that could be done. It would remain there and could flare up at any time.

Helicobacter Pylori - Treatments Question: What was the treatment for your Helicobacter Pylori?