Patient Comments: Helicobacter Pylori - Diagnosis

How was the diagnosis of your helicobacter pylori established?

Comment from: free2yehaa, 25-34 Female (Patient) Published: February 17

After multiple trips to the emergency room thinking I was having a heart attack for shortness of breath, tremors and fatigue, I tried Jarrow mastic gum. It kills Helicobacter pylori. It's some type of bark that grows on trees in Greece and can be ordered online through All Star Health. I am thankful I found this stuff. Prescribed antibiotics make H. pylori worse.

Comment from: QTINMEMPHIS, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: January 19

I finally went to a gastroenterologist and was diagnosed with Helicobacter pylori bacteria.

Comment from: MD, 35-44 Female (Patient) Published: October 09

I was diagnosed with Helicobacter pylori in March this year after an acute infection. I took the antibiotics and did another breath test a couple of months later which said the H. pylori was gone. Six months later I am still burping after everything I eat and drink, but the burning pain I was experiencing has gone. My doctor said that I should be better by now. I am booked in for an endoscopy in a few weeks. Feeling frustrated!

Comment from: FAWAD, 25-34 Male (Patient) Published: September 04

I did my blood CP test recently, and found out that I was positive for Helicobacter pylori. My doctor said H. pylori is positive because there's some problem in my stomach and there was bloating and swelling, which can be healed if medication is taken regularly. For the past 11 months my whole body keeps swelling and bloating and if I rub that part of my skin where it bloats/swells, it starts to increase more and more and after 1 or 2 days that part is healed and some other part of skin starts to swell and that's happening to me for the last 11 months. I went to a lot of doctors and some doctors said to avoid eating fish, chicken, meat, and egg, and avoid dust and wear mask on my face.

Comment from: Beverly, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: June 25

I was diagnosed last week with helicobacter pylori; I've been having issues since March 2014. I had a colonoscopy which was good. I had an ultra sound of my stomach and a HIDA scan of gall bladder in which the number was 21. I'm not sure what the number meant but they want it between 40 and 60. I had gall bladder taken out in May 2014 and was still having bloating, so I had an EGD done. I have a hiatal hernia and they took a biopsy to find the cause of inflammation and I was diagnosed with H. pylori. So I'm taking metronidazole 500 mg, clarithromycin 500 mg and Protonix 40 mg, and am scheduled for another EGD in August 1st. I get this pain under the left breast like gas that lasts for about 4 seconds and goes away; not sure what that is from, but we will see if it's gone by August.

Comment from: GenieB, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: January 21

I have two siblings that were diagnosed with stomach cancer in their 50s. One sibling died in August 2013. I had been having a few issues with bloating, stomach pain and real bad indigestion that was getting progressively worse over the last year. I talked to my primary physician assistant in my physician's office about my two siblings and she suggested to me as did my gynecologist, to be tested. My physician assistant referred me to a gastroenterologist who performed an endoscopy. The results were that I had an inflamed stomach lining and helicobacter pylori. I was on the triple therapy (amoxicillin, Flagyl and omeprazole) for 2 weeks. The H. pylori was eradicated after a subsequent urea breath test was administered.

Comment from: Charlene, 75 or over Female (Patient) Published: December 06

I was rushed to hospital with extremely low blood count and little iron in my system. I was given 2 units of blood and one of iron. I had colonoscopy of upper gastro intestinal tract with camera capsule. They all showed some places that were probably slow bleeders. Then they found the Helicobacter pylori bacteria. I had gotten so week so slowly that it seemed to have crept up on me. I took the round of antibiotics.

Helicobacter Pylori - Treatments Question: What was the treatment for your Helicobacter Pylori?
Helicobacter Pylori - Symptoms Question: What were your symptoms of H. pylori?
Helicobacter Pylori - Experience Question: What�s your biggest challenge with living with H. pylori infection?
H. pylori - Life Change Question: What changes have you had to make to your routine since being diagnosed with H. pylori?