Patient Comments: Plantar Fasciitis - Treatment

What treatment was effective for your plantar fasciitis?

Comment from: Magnua, 35-44 Female (Patient) Published: August 19

Nothing has relieved my plantar fascitis. Have had 3 cortisone injections in one year and shoe inserts. Ice and Advil is only temporary. Stretching is OK, but temporary also. Any other ideas?

Comment from: Footsore, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: January 03

My diagnosis of plantar fasciitis was confirmed with an x-ray and sonar scans. There are spurs on both heels. There is also pain in the tendon from my ankle to my tibia and my ankle ligament on the outside of my foot. Physio, a cortisone injection, immobilization, wearing a boot and a night splint all helped to treat the problem to the point where there is no pain. The pain returns within minutes of exercising (walking, cycling or swimming).

Comment from: Delraye, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: November 29

Eight years ago I had a heel spur in my left foot. I had s cortisone shot and it made it worse. A different doctor told me wear a cam walker 24/7 unless in the shower. It took 6 months, but it worked. I have it now in my right foot.

Heel Spurs - Symptoms Question: What symptoms did you experience with heel spurs?
Heel Spurs - Causes Question: What was the cause of your heel spurs?