Patient Comments: Heat Stroke - Experience and Preventive

Question:Describe your experience with heat stroke, and could it have been prevented?

Comment from: last call, 45-54 (Patient) Published: April 05

I had a heat stroke last year. I was working on the floor for about 5 hours and my legs gave out a few times, and quickly had me dragging one. I went to the doctor and was told to take it easy. I later passed out due to the cramps and pain, and laid in the sun for the next 5 hours. I have sever nerve damage and damage to l4 and l5. It's almost a year into this and I am still on pain pills, it hurts to sit, walk, and lay down.

Comment from: 19-24 Male (Patient) Published: November 19

My senior year of high school in 2006 on the first day of football practice I had a heat stroke. I was unconscious and my heart stopped beating for two minutes and 27 seconds.

Heat Stroke - Risk Question: If you or a relative had a heat stroke, were either of you at risk? If you are at risk, in what ways will you try to prevent an occurrence?
Heat Stroke - Treatment Question: Describe the medical treatment you received when you suffered a heat stroke.
Heat Stroke - Symptoms Question: If you, a relative, or friend had a heat stroke, what were the symptoms?
Heat Stroke - Experience Question: Please share your experience with heat stroke.