Patient Comments: Heat Rash - Describe Your Experience

Please describe your experience with heat rash.

Comment from: Barbara, 65-74 Female (Patient) Published: August 10

I had red bumps all over my body from heat rash. The bumps dried up and now skin is peeling like when you get sunburn. I was not in the sun at all.

Comment from: dp35654, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: July 21

I have had itching and sweating down my spinal column from heat rash. I have little raised bumps, which spread to shoulder areas in the back but that is adult acne. This afternoon I have red raised bumps under breasts. I have had chills for weeks. I assume it's a staph infection now. I never could tolerate the heat, most kids love the summer and I hate it! And yes the Hibiclens wash does help but I probably need antibiotics and my doctor's prescription for vacation till August 8.

Comment from: bllan2002, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: June 13

I have had a heat rash on my hands and wrists whenever I drive, the bumps won't go away. I've tried hydrocortisone as per my doctor's order but the bumps won't go away. It doesn't itch unless it blisters up.

Comment from: Michaela, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: April 26

I have suffered from heat rash for as long as I can remember. I have never been able to find a way to prevent it from flaring up on my holidays until this year. After spending a lot of time researching I came across someone that had used a fairly simple remedy. I splashed out on 1 or 2 bars of Dettol antibacterial soap and on a large bottle of Banana Boat aloe vera gel. Each night on holiday I washed using the soap which stripped all of the sunscreen off, which kept my pores unblocked. Then I covered myself in the aloe vera. If I got hot at night I showered again in the mornings too. I used Boots Soltan sensitive sun cream especially made to prevent prickly heat. Hey Presto, no heat rash at all for the whole holiday. I will never worry about my holiday being spoilt again or having to keep out of the sun.

Comment from: Annieo, 75 or over Female (Patient) Published: January 29

I have had this heat rash for about a month. Whatever I do, it will not go. I am overweight and have saggy breasts and a kangaroo pouch for a stomach. The rash is under these areas.

Comment from: mako, 65-74 Female (Patient) Published: June 17

I had a bad heat rash at Hawaii. Nothing seemed to work, but I started using the Hibiclens (OTC) skin cleanser to wash the affected area. It stopped itchiness, but I had problem getting rid of redness of rash so I used a very small amount of Sarna (OTC). The rash was almost all gone, after a week or so.

Comment from: Don't Sweat It, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: January 13

I have been having the problem of developing heat rashes since my early teens. The rash will appear unexpected. I feel hot. My face and the affected part of my body feels as if it is giving off heat. The itching then begins as the rash starts. The itching is intense and very rapid. The rash develops very rapid. The rash is very visible and I am an African-American. The duration in not long, mostly less than 15 minutes. It is important I try to stay calm. If I am not calm (it is a stressful time, I am self-conscious) this will increase the duration. The end result is I am slow and deliberate about my physical activities. I swim some and use yoga for weight management. My fear is this problem will have greater influence on health concerns as I age. Stay cool.

Heat Rash - Symptoms Question: What were the symptoms of your heat rash?
Heat Rash - Treatment Question: What was your heat rash treatment?
Heat Rash - Home Remedies Question: What home remedies have you tried for a heat rash?
Heat Rash - Causes Question: What are the triggers or causes of heat rash for you, a relative, or friend?