Patient Comments: Heat Rash - Describe Your Experience

Please describe your experience with heat rash.

Comment from: Common, 35-44 (Patient) Published: November 06

The other night I awakened to heat in my face and within minutes it moved down my entire body. My skin felt tingly like pins and needles. I got up and went to the bathroom mirror where I saw my face very puffy and red and slowly watched as all the skin over my whole body became red like a sunburn. I used a damp cool cloth on my face. I checked my temperature to be sure I wasn't having a fever and my temperature was normal. After a few minutes I felt better but my skin has been very dry and somewhat red since. It has been two days since. I normally have psoriasis and eczema in certain areas on my body at times. This has never occurred before.

Comment from: Thiagarajan, 75 or over Male (Patient) Published: October 31

I was suffering from heat rashes for six weeks. After going through causes and remedies for this in these web pages, I have followed my own following procedure: i) for a week I worked out for half an hour daily so that there was sufficient sweating, ii) applied sesame oil on the head and bathed twice a day, iii) every alternate day I drank the water of a tender coconut and iv) I wore clothes washed without soap. Now I am free of heat rashes for the past few weeks.

Comment from: Niki, 35-44 Female Published: April 21

I recently took a trip to Malaysia. It was hot and humid. Even though I was in air conditioning for most of the trip, I developed a skin rash around the outside of my arm pits and on the front side of both of my thighs. I thought it was something quite serious as I had never experienced this before, but my doctor told me it was a skin heat rash. It's been three days since I detected it, and it feels itchy and hot to the touch.

Comment from: 25-34 Female (Patient) Published: March 31

I get heat rash under my watch whether I'm wearing it or not. I also get it around my bra line, on my sides, stomach, and under my waste. It's also common for me to see it on my hands. I break out in hives, and in severe cases, the hives look like welts or blisters. I just take Benadryl for it, and it usually takes the itching away. Once I do that, I try to get out of the heat, and it goes the rest of the way on its own. Although, I got the most severe case I've ever had while at the gym this morning. The prickly sensations almost had me in tears.

Comment from: distancebiker, 35-44 Male Published: July 01

I am an avid bicyclist and I just recently got a bike jersey and bike shorts (they fit very snug next to my skin on the upper part of my legs). I wore them for the first time when I went on a long bike ride and then when I came back I noticed a red spot on each upper part of my leg. I went to the bike store where I get my bike tuned up and I showed the guy working there the red spots and he said that, that usually does not happen when wearing those types of shorts, but he gave me some chamois butter to use before my rides. I am wondering if the material in these shorts have an effect on my skin that causes these red spots or if it's just because of riding in the mild weather (it felt like 75 to 80 degrees ). The material in the shorts are: 60% Nylon, 24% Polyester and 16% Elasthane. I also carry some water with me when I ride on my long rides (35 to 54 miles). Do these shorts trap heat inside causing this rash? Or do I need to just go biking in the very cool weather (early evenings )? I put cream on the rash to help it go away.

Comment from: sherodee, 35-44 Female (Patient) Published: May 08

I just noticed yesterday morning that I have a couple of bumps on my right arm. Then in the middle of the night, it started spreading all down my arm. It is just on my right arm – they kind of look like tiny little blisters. I don't have itching, or prickly heat. I'm wondering if it's because I have a sunburn on my arm.

Heat Rash - Symptoms Question: What were the symptoms of your heat rash?
Heat Rash - Treatment Question: What was your heat rash treatment?
Heat Rash - Home Remedies Question: What home remedies have you tried for a heat rash?
Heat Rash - Causes Question: What are the triggers or causes of heat rash for you, a relative, or friend?