Patient Comments: Heat Rash - Describe Your Experience

Please describe your experience with heat rash.

Comment from: mako, 65-74 Female (Patient) Published: June 17

I had a bad heat rash at Hawaii. Nothing seemed to work, but I started using the Hibiclens (OTC) skin cleanser to wash the affected area. It stopped itchiness, but I had problem getting rid of redness of rash so I used a very small amount of Sarna (OTC). The rash was almost all gone, after a week or so.

Comment from: Don't Sweat It, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: January 13

I have been having the problem of developing heat rashes since my early teens. The rash will appear unexpected. I feel hot. My face and the affected part of my body feels as if it is giving off heat. The itching then begins as the rash starts. The itching is intense and very rapid. The rash develops very rapid. The rash is very visible and I am an African-American. The duration in not long, mostly less than 15 minutes. It is important I try to stay calm. If I am not calm (it is a stressful time, I am self-conscious) this will increase the duration. The end result is I am slow and deliberate about my physical activities. I swim some and use yoga for weight management. My fear is this problem will have greater influence on health concerns as I age. Stay cool.

Comment from: avilodh, 19-24 Male (Patient) Published: June 24

Yesterday I felt like taking a nap. But when I woke up 10 to 15 minutes later it was like something was latching on to the back of my body. It was itching all over my back and neck, I had awful pain and irritation. It was nothing but terrible heat rashes. The skin was all dry and red all over. It was all painful like the skin was tearing apart. I then I called my father. He told me to apply 'Multani Mitti' as it helps to keep skin cool and also helps to regain softness of the skin. I applied for 3 days and it was gone, thanks to Multani Mitti and papa. I have been victim of heat rashes 3 or 4 times but this was the worst.

Comment from: Common, 35-44 (Patient) Published: November 06

The other night I awakened to heat in my face and within minutes it moved down my entire body. My skin felt tingly like pins and needles. I got up and went to the bathroom mirror where I saw my face very puffy and red and slowly watched as all the skin over my whole body became red like a sunburn. I used a damp cool cloth on my face. I checked my temperature to be sure I wasn't having a fever and my temperature was normal. After a few minutes I felt better but my skin has been very dry and somewhat red since. It has been two days since. I normally have psoriasis and eczema in certain areas on my body at times. This has never occurred before.

Comment from: Thiagarajan, 75 or over Male (Patient) Published: October 31

I was suffering from heat rashes for six weeks. After going through causes and remedies for this in these web pages, I have followed my own following procedure: i) for a week I worked out for half an hour daily so that there was sufficient sweating, ii) applied sesame oil on the head and bathed twice a day, iii) every alternate day I drank the water of a tender coconut and iv) I wore clothes washed without soap. Now I am free of heat rashes for the past few weeks.

Comment from: Linda, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: July 07

I have been getting a rash on my biceps I assume from swimming 2-4 hours a day. I have been working out to lose weight. I don't use a lot of creams and the water is less than 83 degrees so I was surprised that my doctor told me it was heat rash.

Comment from: mike, 25-34 Male (Patient) Published: June 19

I have heat rash on my arms and neck.

Heat Rash - Symptoms Question: What were the symptoms of your heat rash?
Heat Rash - Treatment Question: What was your heat rash treatment?
Heat Rash - Home Remedies Question: What home remedies have you tried for a heat rash?
Heat Rash - Causes Question: What are the triggers or causes of heat rash for you, a relative, or friend?