Patient Comments: Heat Rash - Describe Your Experience

Please describe your experience with heat rash.

Comment from: Michaela, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: April 26

I have suffered from heat rash for as long as I can remember. I have never been able to find a way to prevent it from flaring up on my holidays until this year. After spending a lot of time researching I came across someone that had used a fairly simple remedy. I splashed out on 1 or 2 bars of Dettol antibacterial soap and on a large bottle of Banana Boat aloe vera gel. Each night on holiday I washed using the soap which stripped all of the sunscreen off, which kept my pores unblocked. Then I covered myself in the aloe vera. If I got hot at night I showered again in the mornings too. I used Boots Soltan sensitive sun cream especially made to prevent prickly heat. Hey Presto, no heat rash at all for the whole holiday. I will never worry about my holiday being spoilt again or having to keep out of the sun.

Comment from: Annieo, 75 or over Female (Patient) Published: January 29

I have had this heat rash for about a month. Whatever I do, it will not go. I am overweight and have saggy breasts and a kangaroo pouch for a stomach. The rash is under these areas.

Comment from: mako, 65-74 Female (Patient) Published: June 17

I had a bad heat rash at Hawaii. Nothing seemed to work, but I started using the Hibiclens (OTC) skin cleanser to wash the affected area. It stopped itchiness, but I had problem getting rid of redness of rash so I used a very small amount of Sarna (OTC). The rash was almost all gone, after a week or so.

Comment from: Don't Sweat It, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: January 13

I have been having the problem of developing heat rashes since my early teens. The rash will appear unexpected. I feel hot. My face and the affected part of my body feels as if it is giving off heat. The itching then begins as the rash starts. The itching is intense and very rapid. The rash develops very rapid. The rash is very visible and I am an African-American. The duration in not long, mostly less than 15 minutes. It is important I try to stay calm. If I am not calm (it is a stressful time, I am self-conscious) this will increase the duration. The end result is I am slow and deliberate about my physical activities. I swim some and use yoga for weight management. My fear is this problem will have greater influence on health concerns as I age. Stay cool.

Comment from: avilodh, 19-24 Male (Patient) Published: June 24

Yesterday I felt like taking a nap. But when I woke up 10 to 15 minutes later it was like something was latching on to the back of my body. It was itching all over my back and neck, I had awful pain and irritation. It was nothing but terrible heat rashes. The skin was all dry and red all over. It was all painful like the skin was tearing apart. I then I called my father. He told me to apply 'Multani Mitti' as it helps to keep skin cool and also helps to regain softness of the skin. I applied for 3 days and it was gone, thanks to Multani Mitti and papa. I have been victim of heat rashes 3 or 4 times but this was the worst.

Comment from: Linda, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: July 07

I have been getting a rash on my biceps I assume from swimming 2-4 hours a day. I have been working out to lose weight. I don't use a lot of creams and the water is less than 83 degrees so I was surprised that my doctor told me it was heat rash.

Comment from: Common, 35-44 (Patient) Published: November 06

The other night I awakened to heat in my face and within minutes it moved down my entire body. My skin felt tingly like pins and needles. I got up and went to the bathroom mirror where I saw my face very puffy and red and slowly watched as all the skin over my whole body became red like a sunburn. I used a damp cool cloth on my face. I checked my temperature to be sure I wasn't having a fever and my temperature was normal. After a few minutes I felt better but my skin has been very dry and somewhat red since. It has been two days since. I normally have psoriasis and eczema in certain areas on my body at times. This has never occurred before.

Heat Rash - Symptoms Question: What were the symptoms of your heat rash?
Heat Rash - Treatment Question: What was your heat rash treatment?
Heat Rash - Home Remedies Question: What home remedies have you tried for a heat rash?
Heat Rash - Causes Question: What are the triggers or causes of heat rash for you, a relative, or friend?