Patient Comments: Heat Rash - Describe Your Experience

Please describe your experience with heat rash.

Comment from: rwsrgs, 55-64 Male (Patient) Published: May 26

I get heat rash constantly in my groin area between the crease in my legs and my testicles. I have tried medicated powder and sprays to alleviate it, but, it keeps returning. I can go a few days and it gets better with medicated powder or a spray and then it will return.

Comment from: glortul1, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: May 18

I can go outside in the sun for more than 10 minutes and a rash will start to appear on my arms top side and face and neck. I had it so bad once had to go to the doctor and was told that I was allergic to the sun. I do not believe this I just have to limit my exposure. The rash is very red and hot and I get sun burned when exposed to the sun for long periods and my skin dries and peals off.

Comment from: worried mother 25, 0-2 Male (Caregiver) Published: May 18

My son is a year old and recently broke out all over his body with a rash that looks like light pink spots. Is this heat rash? It doesn't look near as bad as the slide show picture. He hasn't had any fever or symptoms of sickness. Just a rash.

Comment from: Nibana , 13-18 Female (Patient) Published: May 04

I have sensitive skin and I have the heat rash on my two arms and on my neck it is not really getting better and I've had it for about four weeks. It seems to be getting a lot of white flakes around it. I've been putting on Vaseline and baby oil, but it seems like its not doing anything.

Comment from: cb3016, 25-34 Male (Patient) Published: March 12

My back breaks out when I wear my bulletproof vest for extended periods of time. I wear an undershirt under the vest and the problem seems to never stop.

Comment from: lala, 13-18 Female (Patient) Published: August 15

I'm outside almost daily from 9:30-11:30 am. I've been wearing sunscreen, but not putting it on my face, assuming I didn't need it. However, these last few days, I've noticed a series of pimple-looking things on my skin, centered on the left side of my face starting from next to my brow, down to my chin. When outside, that's the side of my face that's usually facing the sun. I thought I was breaking out, until a friend of mine mentioned she had a heat rash on her leg. Then everything kind of clicked. I'm really aggravated that I can't do anything to make them go away, they're almost worse than zits.

Comment from: Vernmeister223, 45-54 Male (Patient) Published: August 08

I live in South Florida and have noticed in the past two years that I seem to get a severely itchy rash on the inside of my ankles all summer long. I never notice it until I get undressed at home and cool off a while. However, if I shower right away after coming home, I don't notice any irritation. I work in an automobile repair facility in the heat all day, with fans of course, but I wear leather boots that cover my ankles.

Comment from: Holly 24, 0-2 Female (Patient) Published: September 17

My 2 yr. old has red rash with little bumps that look like blisters, but they come and they go since last night around 9:30 pm please help! It's on arms, legs, stomach and face.

Heat Rash - Symptoms Question: What were the symptoms of your heat rash?
Heat Rash - Treatment Question: What was your heat rash treatment?
Heat Rash - Home Remedies Question: What home remedies have you tried for a heat rash?
Heat Rash - Causes Question: What are the triggers or causes of heat rash for you, a relative, or friend?