Patient Comments: Heat Rash - Describe Your Experience

Please describe your experience with heat rash.

Comment from: JohnMak, 55-64 Male (Patient) Published: June 24

I used to suffer horribly from heat rash behind my knees, inside my elbows, and under my chin. I started using the same remedy we used in college football for jock rash, alcohol! Wiped down with alcohol at the end of the day, the next day the rash is healing and not itchy. I don't know the technical causes, but in my own crude analysis, I think the alcohol killed the bacteria that got on the rash and was causing all the itching.

Published: June 19

I use diaper rash ointment it takes about two days but it goes away for a while, but if I have it before a sun tan I have white spots in my tan. I have to catch it before I tan.

Comment from: CJ88, 19-24 Female (Patient) Published: June 05

I've come out in red patches all up my arms and chest (especially round my neck) on my hands and elbows I've got red little spots and water blisters. It's only on my arms and chest though, my legs are fine and they've been out in the sun too.

Comment from: distressed, Published: June 02

I had been sunbathing in my garden (in England) the day before, and I was horrified to wake up with it all over my chest, boobs, and tummy and back the next day. I immediately assumed it was chicken pox, but was reassured by my pharmacist; now its starting to come onto my legs behind my knees, cheeks and my arms. It is extremely itchy and depressing me as it is so hot outside, but I don't want my skin exposed and to top it all off I'm going on holiday next week which I assume will exacerbate the situation. I've tried Calamine, aloe vera gel, cold showers; Calamine relieves it best but nothing is working to get rid of the rash.

Comment from: emma, 25-34 Female (Patient) Published: May 29

I live in the UK so very rarely am exposed to much sun, but when ever I go aboard I experience heat rash usually a couple of days into the holiday, I've just got back from Spain and this is probably the worst I've had it. I had it all over my chest going up towards my neck, all the way up my arms to my arm pits and all over my left leg. I've been told to take anti-histamine tablets for a week before my holiday which I've done and it still came up, so I'm going away again in 4 weeks and am starting to take them now.

Comment from: kate, 19-24 Female (Patient) Published: May 29

I live in England and every summer I get a heat rash it is not so bad when I wake up in the morning, but towards midday it becomes very red and angry looking. It starts off as a few itchy dots on my hands and the more I scratch it, the more it seems to spread until it goes right up my arms and sometimes onto my chest. As soon as summer ends the blister like spots dry up, but I have found some of the bigger blisters have left scarring. This year I have been using a cream called Aciphex which is for burns. I find this helps to cool the rash and stops the itching for a while.

Comment from: Mark, 25-34 Male (Patient) Published: May 29

I get a rash if I change from a cold to warm temperature quickly, such as if I go for a run, my body heats up and a rash forms. Antihistamines help take away the itchiness, but not the rash. It seems to have almost all the regular heat rash symptoms however it only lasts about 15 to 20 minutes and then it is gone. I can't seem to find anyone that suffers from the exact same thing or any way to prevent it.

Comment from: 13-18 Female Published: May 26

I have noticed this about two days ago. I was outside during school and I looked down at my arms and realized a rash all over them. It is bright red and it only comes out when I'm outside. It has gotten hotter this past week and it's about 90 degrees out. I do tend to sweat some, but not terribly. Whenever I scratch it, it gets redder. Whenever I go back inside, it goes away after about an hour or so and we keep our house very hot. They say kids 0-4 or 65 and older get it but I'm 14. Are there any cures to get rid of this? How did I just start getting it?

Heat Rash - Symptoms Question: What were the symptoms of your heat rash?
Heat Rash - Treatment Question: What was your heat rash treatment?
Heat Rash - Home Remedies Question: What home remedies have you tried for a heat rash?
Heat Rash - Causes Question: What are the triggers or causes of heat rash for you, a relative, or friend?