Patient Comments: Heat Rash - Describe Your Experience

Please describe your experience with heat rash.

Comment from: anonymous, 19-24 Female (Patient) Published: July 06

My heat rash occurred after several days of getting sunburned. It was very humid weather, and bumps arose after a day at the beach. It felt very itchy and irritated like bugs crawling over the skin. Mostly covered upper body, arms, chest, shoulders and places where the skin was most exposed to the sun.

Comment from: Itchy, 35-44 Female (Patient) Published: July 06

I have I have suffered with heat rash all my life and now at 38 have been trying every treatment possible I have just stumbled on to a homeopathic remedy that seems to stop the itching unfortunately I started using it once the rash was already there so am unsure whether it would have stopped that too but getting rid of the itching is a God send in itself so if any ones interested it's called Utica urns it's basically stinging nettles in pill form.

Comment from: beck, 25-34 Female (Patient) Published: July 01

I'm pregnant and I am suffering on both my arms, under my breasts, my bottom and inner thighs. It's really painful and ugly this is the first time I have ever had heat rash and it's getting unbearable it feels like my body is on fire. I have tried everything, but nothing seems to work.

Comment from: lcykm4u, 35-44 Female (Patient) Published: June 29

I now have had this rash that looks like tiny little blisters on the top of my feet and slowly spreading, also I have itching from time to time. I think it was caused by being out in the sun for 2.5 hrs from 8a.m. to 10:45a.m for 5 days and wearing flip flops while watching my daughter play soccer. I applied Caladryl on it. It seemed like it was going to work, but didn't.

Comment from: deansami, 19-24 Female (Patient) Published: June 29

I have suffered heat rash of the same kind of symptoms for around 13 years, the trouble now is that I have it permanently, in the winter and in the summer. I have tried numerous anti-histamines and numerous natural remedies and still haven't found anything to fix this, my problem occurs when it's hot, when it's cold. When I'm in water and out of water. It's there all the time. I have tiny little scars where I scratch in bed. I sometimes wonder whether it's more serious than I think.

Comment from: KMP, 19-24 Female (Patient) Published: June 29

I get a heat rash anytime the temperature exceeds 80 degrees. I saw pictures a website that are just like my rash; bumps on every surface of my forearms. The fronts of the forearms get swollen with red bumps, while the backsides get clear bumps. The entire area is itchy constantly and even keeping me awake at night. I've tried Lucerne cream and that did absolutely nothing to dull the pain or make the bumps go away. So far, the only thing I've known to work is talcum powder and lots of exposure to AC.

Comment from: kevik0992, 19-24 Male (Patient) Published: June 24

I was playing basketball while it was very humid outside and I was sweating a lot. The rash developed and it looked liked little red bumps in clusters and it is very uncomfortable and it itches and burns. I was told to put Benadryl ointment cream on it, but that did not help and probably made it worst. This is the first time that I have experienced this rash.

Comment from: Elizabeth1975, 25-34 Female (Patient) Published: June 24

I started a new job doing heavy landscaping work in 98 degree weather with a heat index of 105 degrees my arms, face, and neck were exposed to the sun. My skin dried out severely, my pores in the sun exposed areas became blocked, rough bumps that itch severely, and ache when I scratch scars into my skin. I feel like I'm scratched and burnt. I applied Coppertone sport 90 SPF sunscreen spray the second day of work it stung bad, but kept me from burning any more. It's the fourth day luckily its the weekend now I'm trying to figure out how to repair this so I can get back out to work on Monday without this very uncomfortable, itchy, and achy irritation of heat rash, so I can continue to work hard and effectively!

Heat Rash - Symptoms Question: What were the symptoms of your heat rash?
Heat Rash - Treatment Question: What was your heat rash treatment?
Heat Rash - Home Remedies Question: What home remedies have you tried for a heat rash?
Heat Rash - Causes Question: What are the triggers or causes of heat rash for you, a relative, or friend?