Patient Comments: Heat Rash - Describe Your Experience

Please describe your experience with heat rash.

Comment from: KMP, 19-24 Female (Patient) Published: June 29

I get a heat rash anytime the temperature exceeds 80 degrees. I saw pictures a website that are just like my rash; bumps on every surface of my forearms. The fronts of the forearms get swollen with red bumps, while the backsides get clear bumps. The entire area is itchy constantly and even keeping me awake at night. I've tried Lucerne cream and that did absolutely nothing to dull the pain or make the bumps go away. So far, the only thing I've known to work is talcum powder and lots of exposure to AC.

Comment from: kevik0992, 19-24 Male (Patient) Published: June 24

I was playing basketball while it was very humid outside and I was sweating a lot. The rash developed and it looked liked little red bumps in clusters and it is very uncomfortable and it itches and burns. I was told to put Benadryl ointment cream on it, but that did not help and probably made it worst. This is the first time that I have experienced this rash.

Comment from: Elizabeth1975, 25-34 Female (Patient) Published: June 24

I started a new job doing heavy landscaping work in 98 degree weather with a heat index of 105 degrees my arms, face, and neck were exposed to the sun. My skin dried out severely, my pores in the sun exposed areas became blocked, rough bumps that itch severely, and ache when I scratch scars into my skin. I feel like I'm scratched and burnt. I applied Coppertone sport 90 SPF sunscreen spray the second day of work it stung bad, but kept me from burning any more. It's the fourth day luckily its the weekend now I'm trying to figure out how to repair this so I can get back out to work on Monday without this very uncomfortable, itchy, and achy irritation of heat rash, so I can continue to work hard and effectively!

Comment from: JohnMak, 55-64 Male (Patient) Published: June 24

I used to suffer horribly from heat rash behind my knees, inside my elbows, and under my chin. I started using the same remedy we used in college football for jock rash, alcohol! Wiped down with alcohol at the end of the day, the next day the rash is healing and not itchy. I don't know the technical causes, but in my own crude analysis, I think the alcohol killed the bacteria that got on the rash and was causing all the itching.

Published: June 19

I use diaper rash ointment it takes about two days but it goes away for a while, but if I have it before a sun tan I have white spots in my tan. I have to catch it before I tan.

Comment from: CJ88, 19-24 Female (Patient) Published: June 05

I've come out in red patches all up my arms and chest (especially round my neck) on my hands and elbows I've got red little spots and water blisters. It's only on my arms and chest though, my legs are fine and they've been out in the sun too.

Comment from: distressed, Published: June 02

I had been sunbathing in my garden (in England) the day before, and I was horrified to wake up with it all over my chest, boobs, and tummy and back the next day. I immediately assumed it was chicken pox, but was reassured by my pharmacist; now its starting to come onto my legs behind my knees, cheeks and my arms. It is extremely itchy and depressing me as it is so hot outside, but I don't want my skin exposed and to top it all off I'm going on holiday next week which I assume will exacerbate the situation. I've tried Calamine, aloe vera gel, cold showers; Calamine relieves it best but nothing is working to get rid of the rash.

Comment from: emma, 25-34 Female (Patient) Published: May 29

I live in the UK so very rarely am exposed to much sun, but when ever I go aboard I experience heat rash usually a couple of days into the holiday, I've just got back from Spain and this is probably the worst I've had it. I had it all over my chest going up towards my neck, all the way up my arms to my arm pits and all over my left leg. I've been told to take anti-histamine tablets for a week before my holiday which I've done and it still came up, so I'm going away again in 4 weeks and am starting to take them now.

Heat Rash - Symptoms Question: What were the symptoms of your heat rash?
Heat Rash - Treatment Question: What was your heat rash treatment?
Heat Rash - Home Remedies Question: What home remedies have you tried for a heat rash?
Heat Rash - Causes Question: What are the triggers or causes of heat rash for you, a relative, or friend?