Patient Comments: Heat Rash - Describe Your Experience

Please describe your experience with heat rash.

Comment from: sr, 35-44 Male (Patient) Published: October 24

I have very sensitive skin especially in areas where heat rash can take hold. Prevention is the key. I find that A&D diaper rash ointment works the best. Sounds funny but it is a skin protectant. Apply a small amount to areas that are a concern before exposure.

Comment from: J, 19-24 Male (Patient) Published: July 06

Something I discovered is to limit the amount of deodorant you use in extreme heat. Deodorants are usually antiperspirants, something you do not want when you're outside in 90+ heat, especially for long periods of time. The underarms are a major area of sweat to reduce your body temperature and if this area is blocked by an antiperspirant then you can get a wicked heat rash in this area and even across the rest of your body as the excess heat diffuses across your body. Tolerate the smell or use some other way to kill the odor.

Comment from: Wheely cool, 19-24 Female (Patient) Published: July 06

I am a wheelchair user with limited arm movement. The current UK heat wave has given me four separate areas of heat rash, the worst of which is on the top of my left thigh, where I rest my left arm. I have been applying an all-purpose rash cream (Sudocrem) and would not recommend it; it does nothing! One method which instantly reduces the itching is to put wet wipes in the fridge and wipe the rash whenever it gets too much, gently patting dry afterwards.

Comment from: SlouiseW, 13-18 Female (Patient) Published: July 06

At the minute I have heat rash on my fingers, palm of my hands, stomach, legs, and wrists. I am extremely itchy and irritated and it isn't pleasant at all. I've taken cold showers and cold baths and it still hasn't gone I've had it for 4 days now and I just can't seem to get rid of it.

Comment from: anonymous, 19-24 Female (Patient) Published: July 06

My heat rash occurred after several days of getting sunburned. It was very humid weather, and bumps arose after a day at the beach. It felt very itchy and irritated like bugs crawling over the skin. Mostly covered upper body, arms, chest, shoulders and places where the skin was most exposed to the sun.

Comment from: Itchy, 35-44 Female (Patient) Published: July 06

I have I have suffered with heat rash all my life and now at 38 have been trying every treatment possible I have just stumbled on to a homeopathic remedy that seems to stop the itching unfortunately I started using it once the rash was already there so am unsure whether it would have stopped that too but getting rid of the itching is a God send in itself so if any ones interested it's called Utica urns it's basically stinging nettles in pill form.

Comment from: beck, 25-34 Female (Patient) Published: July 01

I'm pregnant and I am suffering on both my arms, under my breasts, my bottom and inner thighs. It's really painful and ugly this is the first time I have ever had heat rash and it's getting unbearable it feels like my body is on fire. I have tried everything, but nothing seems to work.

Comment from: lcykm4u, 35-44 Female (Patient) Published: June 29

I now have had this rash that looks like tiny little blisters on the top of my feet and slowly spreading, also I have itching from time to time. I think it was caused by being out in the sun for 2.5 hrs from 8a.m. to 10:45a.m for 5 days and wearing flip flops while watching my daughter play soccer. I applied Caladryl on it. It seemed like it was going to work, but didn't.

Comment from: deansami, 19-24 Female (Patient) Published: June 29

I have suffered heat rash of the same kind of symptoms for around 13 years, the trouble now is that I have it permanently, in the winter and in the summer. I have tried numerous anti-histamines and numerous natural remedies and still haven't found anything to fix this, my problem occurs when it's hot, when it's cold. When I'm in water and out of water. It's there all the time. I have tiny little scars where I scratch in bed. I sometimes wonder whether it's more serious than I think.

Heat Rash - Symptoms Question: What were the symptoms of your heat rash?
Heat Rash - Treatment Question: What was your heat rash treatment?
Heat Rash - Home Remedies Question: What home remedies have you tried for a heat rash?
Heat Rash - Causes Question: What are the triggers or causes of heat rash for you, a relative, or friend?