Patient Comments: Heat Rash - Describe Your Experience

Please describe your experience with heat rash.

Comment from: Niki, 35-44 Female Published: April 21

I recently took a trip to Malaysia. It was hot and humid. Even though I was in air conditioning for most of the trip, I developed a skin rash around the outside of my arm pits and on the front side of both of my thighs. I thought it was something quite serious as I had never experienced this before, but my doctor told me it was a skin heat rash. It's been three days since I detected it, and it feels itchy and hot to the touch.

Comment from: 25-34 Female (Patient) Published: March 31

I get heat rash under my watch whether I'm wearing it or not. I also get it around my bra line, on my sides, stomach, and under my waste. It's also common for me to see it on my hands. I break out in hives, and in severe cases, the hives look like welts or blisters. I just take Benadryl for it, and it usually takes the itching away. Once I do that, I try to get out of the heat, and it goes the rest of the way on its own. Although, I got the most severe case I've ever had while at the gym this morning. The prickly sensations almost had me in tears.

Comment from: distancebiker, 35-44 Male Published: July 01

I am an avid bicyclist and I just recently got a bike jersey and bike shorts (they fit very snug next to my skin on the upper part of my legs). I wore them for the first time when I went on a long bike ride and then when I came back I noticed a red spot on each upper part of my leg. I went to the bike store where I get my bike tuned up and I showed the guy working there the red spots and he said that, that usually does not happen when wearing those types of shorts, but he gave me some chamois butter to use before my rides. I am wondering if the material in these shorts have an effect on my skin that causes these red spots or if it's just because of riding in the mild weather (it felt like 75 to 80 degrees ). The material in the shorts are: 60% Nylon, 24% Polyester and 16% Elasthane. I also carry some water with me when I ride on my long rides (35 to 54 miles). Do these shorts trap heat inside causing this rash? Or do I need to just go biking in the very cool weather (early evenings )? I put cream on the rash to help it go away.

Comment from: beribnlist, 55-64 Female Published: June 29

I am a Chef, developed a severe heat rash, under my breast, by the bra line, lower stomach and the groin area. The heat rash was so bad, my skin looked like I was burned, and taking a shower was very painful. I have never had anything like this before. I also had a rash on my one leg which I would scratch in my sleep until it would bleed. I went to the health food store and bought a liver detox tea and stopped eating any processed food and started using tar soap on the two areas. The rash on my leg went away and also relieved the heat rash. Now if eat any processed food the heat rash will start again. I think part of the problem is what is put in any processed food, or frozen meals. When ever I eat any frozen meal I know I will get the rash back and I have to drink detox tea.

Comment from: jJPx, 25-34 Male (Patient) Published: June 24

I was on a two-week trip in Vietnam in the summertime. I developed heat rash around my groin and torso. The humidity there made it near impossible to keep my skin dry. When I got home, I applied powders to help absorb excess moisture. This got it under control and I believe led to its eventual cessation. It was quite uncomfortable and disturbing since I've never experienced a rash like that; especially being far from home.

Comment from: spechtsk, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: May 20

My heat rash is all over my belly, breast, under my arms, neck, upper chest, and all over my back. The rash is almost like blisters that ooze. It is very uncomfortable going out in the heat, and I live in Arizona. I am assuming the heat rash is because of medications I am taking that all have heat sensitive warnings on them. I have found no comfort for it, yet.

Comment from: iy51201, Female Published: May 04

I have been experiencing rashes that periodically develop under folds of my skin, and they tend to inflame the skin, cause itchy irritation, and the skin tends to crack and pull apart easily, causing wounds. These rashes tend to appear periodically in the areas on my legs near the buttocks, under the breasts and under the fold of skin on my abdomen. I've noticed a smell and a sticky surface under the abdomen fold and the breasts, and it seemed they tended to appear during warmer weather. I began keeping the areas clean and dry by using Gold Bond Medicated Powder, but now, it seems the powder is not helping in any way.

Heat Rash - Symptoms Question: What were the symptoms of your heat rash?
Heat Rash - Treatment Question: What was your heat rash treatment?
Heat Rash - Home Remedies Question: What home remedies have you tried for a heat rash?
Heat Rash - Causes Question: What are the triggers or causes of heat rash for you, a relative, or friend?