Patient Comments: Heat Rash - Describe Your Experience

Please describe your experience with heat rash.

Comment from: Hot spot, 45-54 Male (Patient) Published: April 16

I got a terrible rash last July. I live in Texas and go fishing in humid areas on the coast, along with running in the heat. My rash would not go away until my dermatologist had me do a steroid pack and steroid ointment. It was brutally painful and spread everywhere on my arms and torso. I get it now on my abdomen whenever I run. Removing my shirt and showering as soon as possible help. Also, I'm going to try some exfoliation or loofa scrubbing as I heard that it can be caused by clogged sweat glands. I think if I drink more water that may help too.

Comment from: Sanje, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: July 06

I had a radical hysterectomy performed at the end of May. Four weeks later I started developing a rash. I thought it may be an infection and went to see my doctor, but it is heat rash. Because of the summer heat and hormonal changes it is easier to develop this condition. Ladies beware. I tried hydrocortisone and Benadryl but I believe they made it worse by blocking the pores. Aveeno soap and water, air dry and cold compress worked the best!

Comment from: beribnlist, 55-64 Female Published: June 29

I am a Chef, developed a severe heat rash, under my breast, by the bra line, lower stomach and the groin area. The heat rash was so bad, my skin looked like I was burned, and taking a shower was very painful. I have never had anything like this before. I also had a rash on my one leg which I would scratch in my sleep until it would bleed. I went to the health food store and bought a liver detox tea and stopped eating any processed food and started using tar soap on the two areas. The rash on my leg went away and also relieved the heat rash. Now if eat any processed food the heat rash will start again. I think part of the problem is what is put in any processed food, or frozen meals. When ever I eat any frozen meal I know I will get the rash back and I have to drink detox tea.

Comment from: jJPx, 25-34 Male (Patient) Published: June 24

I was on a two-week trip in Vietnam in the summertime. I developed heat rash around my groin and torso. The humidity there made it near impossible to keep my skin dry. When I got home, I applied powders to help absorb excess moisture. This got it under control and I believe led to its eventual cessation. It was quite uncomfortable and disturbing since I've never experienced a rash like that; especially being far from home.

Comment from: spechtsk, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: May 20

My heat rash is all over my belly, breast, under my arms, neck, upper chest, and all over my back. The rash is almost like blisters that ooze. It is very uncomfortable going out in the heat, and I live in Arizona. I am assuming the heat rash is because of medications I am taking that all have heat sensitive warnings on them. I have found no comfort for it, yet.

Comment from: iy51201, Female Published: May 04

I have been experiencing rashes that periodically develop under folds of my skin, and they tend to inflame the skin, cause itchy irritation, and the skin tends to crack and pull apart easily, causing wounds. These rashes tend to appear periodically in the areas on my legs near the buttocks, under the breasts and under the fold of skin on my abdomen. I've noticed a smell and a sticky surface under the abdomen fold and the breasts, and it seemed they tended to appear during warmer weather. I began keeping the areas clean and dry by using Gold Bond Medicated Powder, but now, it seems the powder is not helping in any way.

Comment from: TeriInOhio, Female (Patient) Published: May 04

I am very fair skinned and recently came back from a 7 day trip to Disney World in Florida. On my 4th day of being in the sun, I noticed numerous raised bumps on my arms and upper legs they itched terribly and I thought I got into some poison ivy or something. It got so bad on my 5th day to Disney, I stopped at the First Aid booth and asked for something to put on it. She said she wasn't sure what it was, but maybe heat rash. I have never had that before. I did get a lot of sun and was sunburned. It won't go away. I read, I should not put lotion on the infected area I have been doing that for the past two days. Does anyone know if the bumps break open, will it spread? I worry about spreading it to other places.

Heat Rash - Symptoms Question: What were the symptoms of your heat rash?
Heat Rash - Treatment Question: What was your heat rash treatment?
Heat Rash - Home Remedies Question: What home remedies have you tried for a heat rash?
Heat Rash - Causes Question: What are the triggers or causes of heat rash for you, a relative, or friend?