Patient Comments: Heat Rash - Home Remedies

What home remedies have you tried for a heat rash?

Comment from: Noamie, 35-44 Male (Patient) Published: April 23

This works for me: Clean the area with rubbing alcohol. This will sting, perhaps sting badly. Let dry. Next, apply Freeman"s Facial Clay Mask, Mint & Lemon flavor to the area. Do not over-apply. This will cool and soothe the area. Allow to air dry. Then carefully remove the dried clay mask with a damp, soft, cotton towel. I do this only once, per day. At night, apply a thin layer of a prescription steroid cream, Fluocinonide (USP, 0.05%) to the area. Do not over-apply. Your goal is to first clean the pores and open the skin, then to assist the healing process. Too many topical solutions just clog it up again. I do not have severe heat rash so I see noticeable results in one day. I would be interested if this works for others.

Comment from: Grammy, 3-6 Male (Caregiver) Published: July 22

My grandson came down with heat rash and has had it for five days now. OTCs didn't work. Benadryl didn't work. In desperation for him to finally have a good day and night, I went back to oatmeal and rubbing alcohol. I know people won't like the rubbing alcohol thing, but it worked for him. I gave him a cool bath with oatmeal and alcohol swirled into the water. I used a soft washcloth to wash him down --this aided in cooling him quicker. I keep a bowl with cool water and rubbing alcohol with a washcloth handy until I start to see it subsiding. This gives temporary relief, but there isn't much more I can do.

Heat Rash - Describe Your Experience Question: Please describe your experience with heat rash.
Heat Rash - Symptoms Question: What were the symptoms of your heat rash?
Heat Rash - Treatment Question: What was your heat rash treatment?
Heat Rash - Causes Question: What are the triggers or causes of heat rash for you, a relative, or friend?