Patient Comments: Heat Rash - Treatment

What was your heat rash treatment?

Comment from: Kleez, 13-18 Male (Caregiver) Published: August 05

I have horrible heat rash. It used to appear only when I got too hot during football practice, but now I get it just trying to work out, not having to break a sweat. It appears everywhere from my face on down. If it gets too serious my rash fades away but my torso has a weird appearance afterwards. I really need help because pills don't work. I'm 16 and trying to stay in shape.

Comment from: Robin35, 35-44 Female (Patient) Published: July 23

Table salt dissolved in bath water. About a cup. Soak n then air dry. Works wonderfully

Comment from: Anne B, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: July 09

I tried many creams, powders, tea tree oil, aloe vera from the living plant, others and nothing seemed to work. I have read many helpful hints for this problem. Here is what seemed to help me. I am putting ice packs on the rash area for 20 minutes twice daily. I have been showering in cool water twice daily. I have been using an antibacterial drying soap on the area to wash. I have been using cotton towels in the area to soak up any sweat, especially while sleeping. I have been trying to eat healthier, fresh fruits and vegetables, cutting down the intake of sugar. Over the counter Cortizone cream might help alleviate pain and itch. I wanted to offer any help I could in helping anyone else with a heat rash.

Comment from: Cands, 19-24 Female (Patient) Published: November 08

I am 24 and a real sun baby; I love tanning! Unfortunately though, I started breaking out with heat rash in my late teens every time I would lie in the sun. It would almost ruin holidays as I would have to rush from the beach to the nearest chemist to get relief, and as we know after it broke out, I wasn't allowed in the sun a week after that. The outbreaks have gotten worse; it seems I can't be in the sun in my bathing suit for more than 20 minutes without me experiencing heat rash. I will get breakouts on my chest, stomach and upper thighs. I have tried over-the-counter remedies, but nothing helped as I desperately needed it to. The only relief at the moment is that I first take a cold bath and lay there to cool down. I then take hand towels and wet them with cold water and lay them over my body. I lay with them on me under a fan. This helps to cool the rash down and it helps me sleep at night. I do however hope for a really good over-the-counter remedy to be invented for people like us that suffer from this horrible condition!

Comment from: hello, 13-18 Male (Patient) Published: January 06

The way I get rid of my heat rash is by laying in a cool-cold bath and just lay there until the itching is released and your skin feels somewhat cool. My heat rash starts if I am covered with too much blankets at night or when I take a bath or shower that is too hot.

Comment from: Twin mom+one, 7-12 Female (Caregiver) Published: July 25

I treated my daughter's heat rash with hydrocortisone cream and Lanacane spray. It helped a little bit, but she was still itchy.

Comment from: tornadogirl, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: June 12

For my heat rash, I mixed Bragg's apple cider vinegar 50/50 with water and put it in a spray bottle. I spray my whole body a couple of times a day. It's the best cure I've found. I'm suspecting the rash is fungal in origin.

Comment from: simple, 45-54 Male (Patient) Published: March 14

Ever since I was 15 years of age I would get a heat rash in the summer. But I discovered how to treat this just last year, at 45 years of age. I started taking 2 acai gel capsules every 6 hours and everything cleared up and I feel and look great. Simple solution to every problem!

Heat Rash - Describe Your Experience Question: Please describe your experience with heat rash.
Heat Rash - Symptoms Question: What were the symptoms of your heat rash?
Heat Rash - Home Remedies Question: What home remedies have you tried for a heat rash?
Heat Rash - Causes Question: What are the triggers or causes of heat rash for you, a relative, or friend?