Patient Comments: Heat Exhaustion - Symptoms

What were the symptoms of your heat exhaustion?

Comment from: Patti, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: April 13

I was diagnosed with stage 1 emphysema in 2010. Not sure how long I had it before being diagnosed. I am now in stage 2, and losing my breath quite easily even when doing housework, and I have to walk my dogs slowly. I sometimes have chest pains and tightening like I'm wearing my bra too tight, when I don't even have one on. I was doing fine while exercising and riding my bike, but have stopped doing both. I keep saying I'm going to start again, but sometimes wonder what the use is. I don't understand why they haven't done more studies on emphysema, plenty of people die from it. I guess I'm afraid of the death, as I've heard it isn't pretty. But I try not to think about it. I did this to myself by smoking for nearly 40 years, but I did quit the very day I was diagnosed, with the help of e-cigarettes. Don't start smoking, young people and if you have, stop!

Comment from: Courtney, 35-44 Female (Patient) Published: April 12

With infectious mononucleosis I had swollen lymph nodes, swollen tonsils, a swollen liver, muscle aches, fatigue, muscle weakness, joint pain, a fever, and headaches. Lots of fun.

Comment from: Breathless, 25-34 Female Published: January 05

For years I was treated for asthma. Every time the pulmonologist tested and said no asthma. Two years ago my general physician decided to do a blood test and found an abnormally high red cell count. I have been having phlebotomy every 6 months and it helps with the polycythemia. Tiredness, shortness of breath, joint pain, and blurry vision all but disappeared. Now I am experiencing sharp pains in legs and symptoms are returning. Count from recent test at 17.9. I wonder if there is no cure for this.

Comment from: carrollmac345, 45-54 Male (Patient) Published: December 30

I get palpitations after drinking water and eating a cracker, plus I have low blood sugar. I have never smoked in my life, I do not drink and don't take drugs. My neighbors smoke and I have COPD with exacerbation and hypoxemia.

Comment from: Pat in Michigan, 25-34 Male (Patient) Published: November 20

The shingles started out with a sunburn-like feeling on the right side of my neck, and by that evening I had two blisters on the back of my neck. By the next morning I had a 2 inch patch, and by that evening two more patches. By the next morning another patch with a few blisters here and there. I'm now in the 4th day and getting some stabbing pains up the back of my skull.

Comment from: Li, 55-64 Female Published: December 02

My point of view is depression is caused by information overload and by light stimulation to the brain through your eyes by looking into the screen. Also due to lack of physical activities. The treatment is to have a break from the electronic equipment and go out for a walk. Also singing is good strategy to reduce the pressure.

Comment from: summertwin, 35-44 Female (Patient) Published: October 22

My pain is primarily in my mid to lower back, right side mostly. It feels like a pulled muscle when I twist or move wrong. I am super fatigued, nauseous but no vomiting, slight fever, chills, and random sharp pains in my back, but I caught this kidney infection early. I had one that hospitalized me, I waited too long before getting treated. That was about 23 years ago. I was so sick, never again will I wait! You only get one set of kidneys, so got to save them!

Heat Exhaustion - Treatments Question: What treatment did you receive for your heat exhaustion?
Heat Exhaustion - Causes Question: If you or someone you know has experienced heat exhaustion, what do you feel was the cause?
Heat Exhaustion - Medical Care Question: Please share your experience with heat exhaustion.
Heat Exhaustion - Complications Question: What were the complications of heat exhaustion experienced by you or someone you know?