Patient Comments: Heart Valve Disease - Symptoms

Question:What symptoms did you experience with heart valve disease?

Comment from: 35-44 Female (Caregiver) Published: March 02

My daughter had surgery at 13 to repair congenital supravalvular aortic stenosis, a result of Williams Syndrome. She is now 41 and is currently diagnosed with "moderate" aortic insufficiency, "mild" aortic valve stenosis, and "pulmonary hypertension." She also has symptoms of CHF with lower leg edema and pulmonary insufficiency. We just had a surgical consult and were told that she is not "severe" enough for surgical repair.

Comment from: Mr.poor, 45-54 Male (Patient) Published: March 02

I had heart attack with severe pain in heart and left hand. Was rushed to hospital. I was injected some expensive medicines 4 times. As I couldn't afford angiography I got discharged. Later raising funds I underwent angiography and was diagnosed with blockage in 3 valves. God has to help me.