Patient Comments: Heart Rhythm Disorders - Type of Disorder

Please describe what type of heart rhythm disorder you have.

Comment from: 45-54 Male Published: October 08

While playing tennis, my heart began beating at a faster rate (tachycardia). I stopped playing for about an hour, and it was still beating at about 120/minute. This has happened before when playing, but it went back to a normal rhythm. I'm in good shape, work out regularly and play tennis often.

Comment from: peck8, 35-44 Female (Caregiver) Published: September 16

On occasion, while I am just sitting there or even lying down, my heart will beat double and then nothing; it will go right back to normal. It hasn't happened in a long time, but it has happened twice in the past two weeks. It's scary because of how quickly it happens, and how much I can feel it when it does that. There isn't any pain when it happens, besides me freaking out a little bit. I don't drink, smoke, and I am a little overweight, but I have been working very hard to lose the weight and have lost 12 pounds so far over the past few months.

Comment from: Newcome, 25-34 Female (Caregiver) Published: August 28

I have had irregular heartbeats from time to time since I was young. I am now 30, and recently, I had an episode of irregular heartbeats for more than 14 hours. My pulse rate was 180 beats, and the doctor said I have ventricular tachycardia. He suggested I have an ablation done.

Comment from: Nadine, 65-74 Female (Caregiver) Published: April 07

I have a fluttering feeling in my chest and trembling, but without obvious tremors in hands, or arms. The tremors awaken me from sleep. My chest doesn't hurt. I am 69.

Abnormal Heart Rhythms - Treatments Question: How was your heart rhythm disorder treated?
Abnormal Heart Rhythms - Diagnosis Question: How was your heart rhythm disorders diagnosed?
Heart Rhythm Disorders - Symptoms Question: What symptoms do you experience with your heart rhythm disorder?
Heart Rhythm Disorders - A-fib Question: How do you manage your atrial fibrillation?