Patient Comments: Heart Rhythm Disorders - Type of Disorder

Please describe what type of heart rhythm disorder you have.

Comment from: ChrissyJ, 25-34 Female (Patient) Published: August 12

I have Regurgitating Valves (two to be exact). About two months ago I started having irregular heart beats and palpitations. My ECG showed abnormal sinus rhythms and PVC's. My Echo was normal (except for the backflow and lower normal ejection fraction). The cause of the palpitations is suspected to be low potassium and magnesium. I go for labs today. Hopefully that will solve the problem and I can return to life as usual, I start soccer in the fall and don't want to miss it because of this!

Comment from: 35-44 Female (Patient) Published: June 08

I am 44 years old. I was in ER two days ago, my heart beat went up to 240 per minute. They took me in right away and they gave me a shut with a feeling of a very heavy chest pain for a second then, my hart beat went down to 167. I have had this a month ago as well. All the blood tests came out negative. I have to see my cardiologist at the end of the month. A small surgery must be done to prevent this event. I have had this when I was 31.

Comment from: onlinegranny, 65-74 Female Published: June 05

Palpitation often, light pressure in chest and head sweating after I eat, I have clear heart arteries and see my heart doctor once a year. It jumps all around a lot. Would a pacemaker help? I have had this for years and it is now getting worse.

Comment from: Texas Girl, 65-74 Female (Patient) Published: June 01

I have PSVT. The palpitations are uncomfortable and somewhat frightening even though I know they aren't life threatening. Sometimes, I also feel very cold and I can't seem to get warm. All the palpitations are made worse if I drink a caffeinated drink like tea or Diet Coke so I try to avoid them.

Comment from: Suebo500, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: June 01

I first noticed my heart was beating irregularly when I was about eleven. It scared the hell out of me. I still get palpitations very frequently, but have learnt to live with it now. I did go the doctors and he even sent me to a heart specialist once, who said to stop drinking and smoking. I don't smoke anymore, but enjoy a wee tipple in the evening. I have only gone to this site as it is worse than ever at the moment, every time I sit or lay quiet I have to listen to my chest jumping around, but it doesn't worry me anymore.

Comment from: askasrgeinfo, 65-74 Male (Patient) Published: June 01

My heart rate has been unusually fast for at least nine months. 90 to 120 at rest. Had all the tests and stopped any medications that would speed the heart up. I am about 35 pounds overweight and it shows profusely in the belly. Could that be the reason for the rapid heart rate.

Comment from: JohnG, 55-64 Male (Caregiver) Published: June 01

I read about 7 postings below my comment. One thing that is clear to me, each of the postees still appear to have symptoms, but are ignoring them or treating them without due concern. If something is irregular to you, investigate it until you are comfortable with a diagnosis/remedy. Only you can be the judge of how your body feels inside. If something is wrong, it's wrong.

Comment from: ann2, 25-34 Female (Patient) Published: April 21

I mostly get palpitations in the afternoon or at night. They come on for no reason at all and I have had them for the past two years. They really freak me out, and I am constantly worried that something is going to happen to me.

Comment from: Heidi, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: October 08

I have been diagnosed with atrial fibrillation as a consequence of stenosis of the mitral valve following aortic valve replacement surgery in September of 2000.

Abnormal Heart Rhythms - Treatments Question: How was your heart rhythm disorder treated?
Abnormal Heart Rhythms - Diagnosis Question: How was your heart rhythm disorders diagnosed?
Heart Rhythm Disorders - Symptoms Question: What symptoms do you experience with your heart rhythm disorder?
Heart Rhythm Disorders - A-fib Question: How do you manage your atrial fibrillation?